Lives

"Keep quiet," said as I hoped this would be our last time trying to make it out if this place. All we needed to do was get the book out. And well kill them but that had been something I didn't want to think about. I knew if I wanted to live I would need to follow everything the three had told me. If I had to kill I would. They deserved it so how could I complain.

It's wasn't like we were going to walk out of this place unscarved too. They would put up a fight and we needed to do the same.

"quiet? Don't you mean make noise until they find us and then we attack" Kennedy said as we continued down the hall. My back had been totally worn out from the girl that had been on my back. Josie wasn't waking up but I knew she was still in there. Maybe it was emotional or maybe it was just her heartbeat. Either way, she was in there and I was sure about it. That was why I had her on my back. That was why I would let go. I didn't care if it made things harder.

"no, we should try to do it the best way that we can. Like by being quiet and finding something that would do it easily as without much blood"

"without much blood huh?" said a voice I had been dreading to hear. I knew whatever we were going to do needed to be done now. The nan gripped my youngest sister by her neck and held up Josie's pocket knife to her throat. "you ever had somebody's neck squirt blood out at you mingyu"

"you ever killed your own daughter to keep your family together," Blair said sarcastically at the man. Even in the worst situations, she couldn't keep in her true feelings. What did I even expect?

"don't think that's the best way to do it but do you," said Marceline. It hit me exactly what was happening here. I failed to realized it earlier. The group had been trying to stall. They wanted more time. Time to think of something. Time for some magical being to come and save the day. It didn't seem like the best idea but it's wasn't the worst either.

"yea they're right. You know their family therapy right" I said as I got closer to the man. His grip tightened around her neck and the knife got closer. I knew that time was running out. "you could-" the man flew backward as Kennedy had escaped his grip. My head turned to our savior. It was funny that he was the same person I didn't trust. Who was I to complain?

"Are you ok?" Said the brown-haired boy as he wrapped his arms around Kennedy. She nodded her head as I heard the sound if a locking door come from in front of us. I knew the man had been stuck in there. At least for now.

"Stop being all lovey we need to find mom before he gets out," I said as I adjusted the girl that had been wrapped around me.

"Why are you acting like you know everything. What are we supposed to do after that?" Marceline asked with a tone I didn't particularly like. There wasn't time for this stuff. This was life or death so why did she feel the need to be extra. The truth was I knew exactly what I planned to do. I didn't need to think much when it came to keeping my sister alive.

"We burn this place down. Ok? That's what's going to happen and I sure as hell know that" I said as I began walking. I didn't care how she felt and it was obvious I was more than annoyed. After what I had been through she didn't have the right to say something so stupid.

"Just listen to him goddam is it that hard," Blair said as her hand went up to hold her head. I knew she was hurting.

"Fine let's see how this goes," Marceline said as she shook her head. She was right. Let's see.

~~

"why would you do this!!" shouted a voice from behind us. I didn't need anything more than that. I knew exactly who it was I knew exactly what needed to happen. I placed Josie on the floor and did the same with the gallon of gasoline in my hand.

My eyes finally turned to the woman who spoke those words. The woman who raised me. The woman who wanted me dead. The woman I would never look at the same.

The couple stood by my mom and continued to watch without interference. They had seen how bad things we're going and still didn't do anything.

But the thing I would never forget was the immense amount of blood falling down my own mother's face as she slid the knife across her. I knew she had to have lost it. She was never stable enough in the first place. I guess I just figured it out too late.

"you knew I loved you and you couldn't do me a little favor. I'm the reason you aren't in foster care in Korea. You should at least treated me like you mother" she said as tears contained to fall down her face mixing with the books that had also been there.

"if you feel that way then kill him. Kill him" said the woman beside her.

"your right," my mother said as she picked herself up from the chair she had been on. "your so right" she yelled as she ran forward. I should have been smarter.

The woman quickly pushed me to the ground and held me down. Sadly I didn't have the strength I needed. My wrist began to hurt as I pushed against them trying to get this woman off of me. I slowly felt a knife come up to my chest before I realized why I was so alone. The couple had been holding my friends back.

Now it was up to me.