The Unseen

Before I knew it I was all the way on the third floor. It would be long until I found out what was really happening. My eyes caught a glimpse of Blair who had just reached Kennedy's room. I began to brace myself for what I would find out. Why couldn't this just be a normal school year?

I picked up the pace after seeing Blair. I didn't want to end up confused like I always was in these situations. I would never know the truth about what happened to Blair but that was the last of things I didn't know.

I was exhausted when it came to being left out of important situations. It seemed like everyone knew everything but me. I wasn't going to allow that to continue.

The moment I reached the door my eyes fell on a totally distraught Kennedy. Blair had been right next to her trying to confront her but Kennedy was in tears. Loud cries filled the air. It didn't make me sad. It made me angry.

Whoever did this to get would have to pay for it. I was tired of being the nice guy. Now they were gonna feel it. They were going to feel the anger I tried to keep inside of me. My sister was off-limits.

I ran to Kennedy's side and tried to calm her down. I needed to know who, what, when, and where. For a second it brought me back to when we were little. It was like the moment somebody tried to mess with your little sister. Things were over. Those were fighting words. I remembered when she cried to us as we tried to get the truth out of her. She didn't let things out easily. I guessed things didn't really change. She was still my little sister.

Suddenly she stopped crying. She began to eye us both down. I knew she was just being crazy.

"did you know?" she asked as a frown grew on her face. It was one of those frowns you couldn't control. I could see her trying to make it go away. She was trying to hide the pain. We were her siblings. It was obvious that that wasn't going to work on us. We had practically seen it all with her.

"what are you talking about?" I said softly as I shook my head. Blair wasn't the best at comforting so all she did was rub her back. I knew I would have to do the talk. That happened to be my superpower.

My words seemed to be a trigger as the girl began to cry more and this time it was harder.

"why would they do that?" the girl repeated in a whisper. Now I had begun to get frustrated all I wanted to know was what was happening. This situation was serious. I needed to know the truth. I needed to handle it. I couldn't do that if Kennedy didn't want to tell me what was happening.

"Why would your-" Kennedy almost said while looking at me. She turned to Blair and finished her sentence "why would your parents do that?"

The moment her words began to register I was fully taken aback. She was literally saying that they weren't my parents and oddly enough not hers either.

Instead of feeling bad for her I felt disgusted. She had never said something so inconsiderate in her life. Well, at least not to me. She was basically saying that the parents I had literally been raised by my whole life weren't even my parents. Only Blairs.

"what the hell are you trying to say," I said as I got up from next to her and threw my hands up. I didn't care how much pain. She was in. She wanted to say that so she was going to explain it. Right now and right here.

I didn't care that I was adopted. That didn't affect me remotely. But Now that she was bringing it up it was. Now that she was bringing it up. I had no other choice than to say something. She was my little sister and if she needed to get put in her place she was.

"I'm just saying they aren't your parents and they aren't mine either," said the girl as she began to cry harder. This was the last straw.

"you know that just because they do something you don't like that doesn't mean that your not their kid ok? That doesn't mean you gave the right to say I'm not either! That's not your place"

Blair's eyes had been wide. I was sure she hadn't expected things to get like this. I didn't either. I came here to take care of her and fight anyone who hurt her. if I needed to fight her too then so be it.

The girl began to laugh "is this what you think this is about?" she asked as she continued laughing.

"well, I didn't be surprised if I was," I said as I rolled my eyes. Of course, she was trying to be smart with me. I wasn't surprised. Even when she was sad and broken she couldn't help but say something out of place.

At this point, I was just waiting for her to say it. It was like she was teasing us with the information that had apparently been breaking her heart.

It was crazy.

The girl let out another laugh "there not my parents because they're not my parents Mingyu it's really that simple"

Ok, now I was done. She couldn't just say how she was feeling. She couldn't just say the deep dark truth that she was hiding.

"just say it, Kennedy, it's really that simple!" I yelled completely frustrated. This time she needed to say exactly what she meant or I was going to have to walk straight out of that door and leave her for dust. Now I was done.

And with a laugh mixed with tears, she let it out "I'm adopted"