School Of The Unsolved

"They should rename this place school of the riches," Said Josie from beside me. I knew Josie hadn't been right about a lot of things but she was definitely right about this. I loved it.

I loved how unnecessary it was. Growing up the family lived normal lives in normal schools. Now they had a lot. That was exactly how I liked it. I had a pretty expensive taste anyway.

"well, luckily it is because if mom and dad hadn't paid that money you definitely wouldn't be in this school," Blair said as she stared at the school. She had looked somewhat confused but I didn't bother to ask why. Blair had become just as secretive as Josie.

I actually found that pretty ironic. Two people that couldn't stand each other had a lot in common.

Blair had always been ready to pick a fight with Josie but at this point, Josie had been done. She had more to focus on. Like not failing and actually graduating. It definitely came as a shock to our family when Josie finally worked up the courage to tell everyone that she would have to redo a grade.

Blair wasn't very surprised but both Kennedy and I were. I guess that was the first sign of Josie's secretive ways. I would be lying if I didn't try to snoop and find stuff out multiple times but that girl was really good at hiding stuff.

Blair, on the other hand, had been pretty untouchable. She didn't really push us away. She just tried to keep to herself more than usual.

I was actually surprised when Josie didn't respond. Josie had always been the type to fight back. She never let anyone push her around. Now that wasn't the case. I hadn't known what happened to them but if it was bad enough to ruin their relationship I didn't want to know.

"summer changed you guys" Kennedy mentioned as she began walking towards the school. I knew that had been a mistake. Summer had been a trigger to Blair every time she heard it she got defensive and now Kennedy was using it as an insult. I shook my head as I waited for Blair's response.

"I wished summer changed you," said the girl as she began to walk into the school. I let out a small chuckle at the jab. I had known exactly what Blair meant by that. I was the person she went to talk to. She never really told me much but anything was good.

I ran up behind the girl leaving both Kennedy and Josie behind. "where are you going to go?" I asked with a wide smile.

"I don't know. Maybe to my room", she said. I hadn't really wanted her to leave. I had friends. Mostly from summer camp but she had been the person I was closest to. I just wanted to run around and discover things about the place but all she wanted to do was stay in her room writing in her notebook.

I knew it would be impossible to convince her so I would just have to go and make friends.

"Mingyu!!" shouted a loud voice from behind me. My eyes fell on a familiar girl that I used to cut gym with in summer camp. I hadn't remembered her name but I didn't really need to right?

The girl had been surround by a whole bunch of unfamiliar faces. I figured she had been pretty popular and the moment I would walk into her group I would be the staple Asian friend.

I turned back to Blair to see if she would change her mind but by the time I had she was already gone. I sighed as I began walking over to the group.

I had no idea how long the introductions lasted. All I knew was that I was just being told a whole bunch of names that I probably wouldn't remember.

I stood there somewhat silently. That wasn't very like me but it was my first day and I had a lot going on in my mind.

"You ok?" asked someone from the group. I quickly brushed it off. I didn't want to ruin my chances with them that fast.

I began to start off a conversation in hopes it would leave a good impression but the group kept bringing the conversation to there past experiences with each other. I knew I had no place in the conversation. It would be useless to try.

Suddenly I felt a presence behind me I jumped before turning around to see my younger sister Kennedy awfully close to me. I sighed already knowing what the girl was there for.

Ever since she was young she needed attention. The thing was it was obvious she wasn't naturally good at getting it. She wasn't awkward it was just like the skills needed to be "popular" weren't in her blood. That didn't stop her though. She definitely wasn't a quitter that was for sure.

"whos this?" asked the girl from the gym who's name I still hadn't remembered.

"My younger sister" I responded. The group gave her a look and then me. It was pretty obvious we weren't blood-related but damn I had never gotten such judgemental stares.

"My names Kennedy," she said as she slowly began realizing why they were looking at us is hard "He's adopted"

The confused faces quickly turned into "ohs". At that moment I had realized that my good social skills we're a curse. I wished I had a naturally mean face.

"I should go settle in," I said quickly rushing off. Kennedy noticed quickly that that wasn't very like me but the rest of the group seemed pretty oblivious.

I turned from the group and my eyes fell on my new school. The size had been pretty intimidating. My eyes slowly ran over everything. The nicely cut bushes, the name that had been plastered on the front. The way the building was built. It was all beautiful.

My eyes moved up to the roof and fell on a group of crows. They quickly flew away as if just my stare had been enough to leave.

My eyes came back down to the sign right next to me. In pretty font, it said "Welcome to Fortune Academy"

At that moment I knew that this school was everything I had ever dreamed of. I had a great feeling.