Unfold

That morning was a nightmare.

The sleep I had got was nowhere near close too enough after the events of the day before. I knew things wouldn't be good at home but at least we weren't at risk of getting murdered there.

Now all I had to do was put up with it for three days.

I hadn't talked to anyone other than Dean that morning. Josie had been my mental support yesterday but today she had once again been nowhere to be found. These past days had been completely stressful and it didn't seem like it was anywhere close to stopping.

The best idea I had was locking myself in my room for all if the days I was there. I didn't want to hear Kennedy's complaints or my parents arguing. I just wanted to get rid of all the stress I endured. I was sure Josie and Blair wanted to do the same but for them, it would be harder for them. Josie was "hated" by both Blair and Kennedy she also didn't get along well with our parents. She couldn't escape that. But I could probably go unnoticed if I tried.

All I needed to do was keep quiet and stay away. It all seemed simple enough.

But now I had to wait.

I could barely move from how full I was. The school had a breakfast buffet considering we wouldn't be here for three days and a student just got murdered.

The weather had finally started to get cold and the wind was blowing like no tomorrow. Blair's cheeks had been bright red and Kennedy looked dead inside. She kind of deserved it. We had only been waiting for our parents and Josie. They were really similar no matter how much they hated each other. Things just always seemed to work like that.

"Sorry," said a person as they ran right into. I already knew who it was from the rushed familiar voice. "there not here yet right?"

"late as usual," I said as I went to sit next to Blair. It seemed like our parents weren't going to come for a while. They were probably too busy arguing to remember their children. Like usual.

For me, it didn't really matter. I was perfectly fine sitting here in silence. Maybe because I knew it would be the polar opposite at home. Well kinda home.

I had barely even been in our new home and from the days that I was, it didn't really enjoy it. I felt like the house was way too big for its own good. At least it was good for getting lost in. I could probably find a secret room that leads to another world in there. That's how big it was.

It was nothing compared to our childhood home. That place had always been more than enough even though it didn't compare in size.

either way, I had no choice. I would have to endure those three days. Hopefully, I could make it.

~~

I hadn't known how long had passed at this point but I did know that my parents had just pulled up. This would be the start of the next crazy there says I'm of my life.

I quickly rushed into the back of the car. I wasn't trying to waste any time. I wanted to leave this place as soon as I could. I was tired of the stress and I was tired of the people. I was tired in general. The moment I stepped in everything was silent. My parents didn't greet me nor did they ask how I was doing.

It was probably because they didn't care. I guess it ran in the family. Josie sat beside me as both Kennedy and Blair sat in front of us.

At this point, I was just waiting. I was waiting for the first word. The word that would be the start of my misery. I knew Kennedy wouldn't be able to hold it in any longer. She had always been that type. She could keep her mouth shut.

My eyes were locked on hers as I waited. She was eyeing our mom who didn't look so good. She looked just as drained as the rest of us. My dad, on the other hand, had his signature angry face. I couldn't stand him at this point. Growing up he had always pushed me to do what he wanted and now he had completely given up. Not because he wanted to treat me right but because of the mental breakdown I had over it the year before. He knew he wasn't going anywhere with me and it seemed like he never gave it up.

"what are you looking at," Kennedy said as she turned around at lightning speed. I quickly grabbed on to the earbuds I had on my lap.

"just waiting for you to burst a blood vessel Ms. adopted," I said as I placed both of them in.

"not the time or the place Mingyu" my mother said from the front seat. I wasn't mad. She said something first and if she thought she was that though she should've been able to handle my words. At least they weren't my hands.

"no no no it's exactly the time and the place," Kennedy said loudly. I should have known she was going to drag it. Once again that was her only talent.

I quickly turned the music up to the highest volume as the sounds of yelling and fighting rang out. My eyes turned to Blair who had been doing the same things as me. The only difference was that she had her notebook in hand. My eyes focused in on it.

" I don't want him to go back there. I don't want to lose him" I read silently. I knew it was useless to try and decode it. I would never know about the secrets she had in that book.

I turned back and looked out the window.

That whole car ride I watched things pass by as my family fought.

I didn't want to see how things would unfold.