Halloween Special:<The Woods>

Start from the beginning

"So you two went for trick-or-treating last night as a date?" I asked, reluctantly breaking my gaze from Ōkami's pretty eyes. Karasuno nodded enthusiastically, stuffing his mouth with more candy. "We tricked people for candy," Hana replied. "And adding on to what we got, it's a lot of candy." Karasuno continued her sentence. "People around this neighbourhood take Halloween seriously. The amount of candy at each house was amazing!" He said excitedly once more. At the corner of my eye I could see Ōkami's hand creeping along the table nearer to the pile of sweets. He was close to reaching one when out of no where, Karasuno's hand slammed down onto his with a loud bang. "Ouch!" Ōkami yelped, his hand jumping away immediately as if he touched hot coal.

"You're a bully Karasuno." He said in a childlike voice, pouting as he did so. Shooting Karasuno a dirty look, he stuck his tongue out and begin to rub his injures hands as he turned to face me. His actions made me giggle, he was so cute. My hand automatically moved towards Ōkami's head, ruffling his hair a little before patting his head. "Come on, you want to get candy after school together?" I asked. There was an instant reaction from him, nodding excitedly as his eyes glimmered.

Ōkami's POV
"Blergh," I heard a fake barfing noise from beside me. It was Hana's turn this time,"PDA." This made me roll my eyes. "Anyways, speak of Halloween. Have you heard of the rumour of the haunted treehouse in the woods?" She begin enthusiastically. This seemed to peak Akazuki's interest as she begin to sit up straighter, adjusting herself in her seat. I was interested too. I remember seeing an abandoned treehouse somewhere in the woods before but I do not remember clearly. "What's it about Hana? Tell us." Akazuki prompted her friend. Hana nodded, her voice hushed as she begin to tell the tale.

Rumour has it that there's an abandoned treehouse in the woods. It was said to be built not too long ago, maybe a decade or two before. Its structure doesn't have any nails or glue, it holds together with vines and roughly chopped tree trunks. There are no windows to it, and it is well hidden amongst the trees. As if not wanting to be found. Supposedly it was built by a couple. A young teenage one which had ran away from both their families. Their parents had both disagreed to their relationship and they planned to elope. Staying temporarily in the woods before they could earn enough to get out of this city. It's said that the girl was pregnant with a child in the time of their stay, and had went in labour. However, she did not survive and devastated the boy killed himself. Leaving their newborn child to fend for himself. No one knows what happened to the their child though. Some say that he died one rainy night from an animal attack. Others say that he was adopted by the forest's guardian, but one can never be too sure of what happened. Finding the treehouse is a difficult task, getting into it is harder and it was built very high up and only an animal could climb the tree to get to its height. How high it was makes people speculate that one of the teens were a half breed, therefore cementing why their parents were opposed to their union. However, even if one manages to get into it nothing good would happen. Worn from the harsh weathers experienced in the woods at times, parts of the floors have rot and if not careful one could break through it and fall to their death. The spirits of the young couple are said to haunt the treehouse. A mother in look for her child and a father who regret his actions. If one was brave enough to stay in the treehouse at night, they would hear the wails of agony heard during the girl's labour. If they were unlucky, the spirits would appear questioning the mortal over and over again if they knew where their child was. If one answered yes, the ghosts would become angry and shout 'liar' as they tore the mortal into shreds. If one answered no, they would be possessed and would roam the earth aimlessly in search for the child. However eventually killing themselves having failed after a week.

Everyone's expression was grim and serious, even Hana herself. "So? Want to find this treehouse?" She said in a chirpy tone. Her attitude had turned a complete semicircle and she seemed excited to find the haunted place. I could see Akazuki visibly shaking by my side, goosebumps covering her skin. Neither Hana nor Karasuno seemed to notice as they were talking animatedly about how to find the treehouse.