39. LONG HAUL

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* moonlight *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

🌻🖤🌤

and i just

REAL LIFE !

The warm water running down Anna's body was relieving her from all the tense muscles that appeared over the flight from London to Paris.

Ending her shower rather earlier than usual she covered herself with a towel and left the bathroom.

Harry was watching TV, with his back on the bed. Hearing the door of the luxurious bathroom open and close caught his attention and he turned to look at the sight in front of him.

Anna was standing there, looking beautiful as ever with her hair damp from the water, no makeup on and much to his liking, almost naked. She smiled at him and went past the bed and to her suitcase, getting dressed and picking clothes for their night out.

Having already been to Louvre for a private tour last night, the whole gang decided that today they should have fun and enjoy Paris's nightlife.

"Can you turn around for a bit? I wanna change" Anna's voice snapped Harry out of his thoughts.

"You can change in front of me love. Nothing I haven't seen before" he smirked making her roll her eyes with a laugh.

"You're so annoying" she replied.

"Yeah but you like it"

"I do" Anna smiled and picked up her clothes headed to the bathroom to change. While passing in front of the bed she gave him a small peck on the lips.

A while later Anna had dried her hair and was casually dressed when she went back to bed with Harry. Sharing a bed with him has proved to be an actual dream for her. His cuddling technique was perfect.

"What are you thinking of handsome?" she asked him while settling next to him with her head on his chest.

"About us, gorgeous" Harry replied with no hesitation

"And what about us?"

"I don't know. I'm just thinking about how our lives would be if we didn't meet each other. I have no clue where I'd be and you'd probably still be with ... him" he spatted the last word, not wanting to mention Pete's name. Oh, how he hated him.

"Yeah.. I don't think I would have the courage to get out of this relationship if it wasn't for you." she said.

"Really?"

"Really. It's crazy, I know but in some way you opened my eyes. I didn't deserve to be treated like shit -no woman deserves that. It's weird that when you get out of a relationship you look back and understand how badly you were treated and how horrible it was, but when I was in it I convinced myself that it wasn't that bad and that he loved me so that's all that mattered. And I ended up losing myself. So that's why right now.. I'm starting to not give a fuck about certain and small things. I won't cause I fight like I did back then. You just won't hear from me ever again."

Harry rubbed her arm back and forth listening to her ranting and tightening his grip on her. The woman in his arms meant everything to him and he could not understand how someone would ever treat her like that. If he could have her, if she was his... She'd be treated like a queen. Just what she deserved.

"I hated that guy. I hated him with every piece of me. I watched him making you feel like you didn't matter and that you were hard to be loved because you wouldn't sit around and tolerate his bullshit and that made me so angry" he replied letting his emotions get the better of him.

"I just never want to feel like I'm begging for someone's love do you know what I mean? Like I want someone to look at me and say 'damn that's all mine' and be so proud to have me."

"I can do that you know" Harry smirked.

"I know you can. And I will let you do it. At some point. Not right now though. I want to feel completely ready. Right now I feel like I'm happy, hurting and healing at the same time. I don't know how I'm doing it if you ever ask me but I'm doing it and I'm proud of myself." she smiled.

"I'm proud of you too angel. I swear you're the most kind-hearted person I've ever met and you've been through more shit than anyone I know. And I hate watching you being so hard on yourself. Especially when you were with him. You were supposed to climb mountains and not carry them. But you made it. You did. You grew out to become a better person. You kept the lessons he taught you and your soul is happy."

"I wasn't ready for half the shit I've been through but obviously I'm built for it." she smiled and continued.

"I was afraid that I'd lose you, you know?" Anna asked combing her fingers with his.

"Lose me? How?" Harry asked intrigued.

"By making you wait. I hate that I push people away but then I let someone in and it reminds me why I keep people out in the first place. I have commitment issues. Have. Had. I don't even know anymore. I had them before Pete. He convinced me that he was not like everyone else and I let him in. And he did what he did to me and now I can't trust no one. My trust issues have returned and they are not going away anytime soon."

Letting all those words spill out of her mouth, caused tears to start forming in Anna's eyes. Harry wiped them away and kissed her forehead repeatedly.

"It's okay my love. I'm in it for the long haul, remember?" 

Anna smiled and nodded. "I do."

Planting a quick kiss to his lips, she checked her phone and got up. Harry groaned making her laugh.

"Come on big boy. We should be getting ready for tonight."

Winking, she left the room and went into the bathroom to start her makeup, leaving Harry behind.

"If only you could just let me show you how much I love you, Anna... If only" he whispered and sighed, deciding he should start getting ready.

-A🖤
i'm making it up
to you guys, for the
long wait... now if
you'll excuse me
i'm gonna go watch
some footy.