11. FRIENDS

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* moonlight *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

🌻🖤⛅

my heart

REAL LIFE !

INSENSIBLE TO HOW THE NIGHT WILL PROGRESS, Anna admits that the aftereffects quickly following a tequila shot's persuasive innocence rather impresses her.

"That," she blurts out, "looks downright disgusting."

The couple had returned to Anna's house after a meal at Nando's and came up with the brilliant idea to empty her fridge from any alcohol.

Anna breathes in the retched smell, leaning on the cheap granite with her weight pressing down on her forearms. Her eyes wander over the islands of accidental spills scattering across her kitchen counter - alcoholic puddles have gone to waste. Harry, positioned over his mess of a workspace, stands confidently tall on the opposite side.

"Oh, shut up!" he retaliates, throwing half of a lime at her ebullient figure.
The citrus bounces against Anna's skin, right beneath her collarbone. She emits a gasp of shock from the cool sensation, but still manages to trap the small fruit to chuck it back at her best friend.

"Asshole!" she laughs. Never should she have teased Harry over his ability to recreate the infamous drinks he has downed in foreign countries. Peering down at the failed concoction before her, she bites down on her tongue and prevents any smartass remarks from sliding right off.

Well, alright, one more can't hurt.

"I don't think you're making this right," she says, ignoring whatever metaphorical daggers might possibly impale his fragile ego.

Harry, in turn, sticks out his tongue. "You don't even know what I'm making," he remarks, picking up the blender to examine the poison inside.

"Sure, I do. It's some drink you had in ... Italy."

"Columbia," he corrects, "but close. Your geography skills are truly remarkable, d'ya know that?"

A couple minutes pass by. "You're making a right mess of my kitchen," Anna points out. "Are you planning on cleaning all of this up?"

"Of course," he promises, then mirrors her position: leaning on the cheap granite, weight pressing down on his forearms. With a wide countertop anchoring right between them, Harry inches closer, cautious with his effect. "You don't peg me as some sort of animal, do you?"

His beautiful features are even more inviting up close. Despite the friendship that blossomed this past week Anna finds that Harry is what she is truly looking for in a man. Someone that will treat her with respect and be right there for her at any time of the day.