Sequel + Preview !!!

I've started a sequel to this book, called to Live and Let Go!!! I'll post a link at the end, but for now I think I'll post a preview, which is the first chapter. Thank so much for reading the story!!!!!

To Live and Let Go

1 Year Ago

"No," I said, looking at Alex. "They can't put me away. Alex, don't let them!" I fought and scratched, did whatever I could to try and get the damn doctors off of me. "Alex, please!" I screamed again. They pushed me down and into the ambulance, just as I saw Rian and Zack run out of the house. The two of them got into the car, while Alex just stood there, emotionless. If this had happened sooner than he would be crying his eyes out, fighting like I was. But now, he just stood in the driveway as they took his sister to the nut house, probably never to return. Everything went black as I looked at him again, pleading for him to stop them once more. He only shook his head, walking into the house as emotionless as he had been when they took me away.

"All of her life," I heard someone say. "Please, just let her go. Whatever Alex said was a lie. She doesn't need help." I opened my eyes and saw that I was in the nut-house, strapped to the bed. Everything was white, even the bed. "She's awake." I looked around the room and saw Rian sitting there, holding onto my hand.

"Why am I here?" I said. Rian shook his head, turning to me. "I want to go home."

"A year," he replied. "You just have to stay for a year. They put you away because of Alex."

Now

"Uh, no," I said. "I am not going home. I just can't face Alex." Rian dragged my suitcase out of the room and into the hallway for Zack to put in the car.

"Well you're going to have to. He is your brother as well as your legal guardian, so you're going to have to face him eventually. The good thing is that you're clean. You're a completely different person than you were when he found you on the ground with a bottle of vodka down your throat and a blade on your wrist. It's murdered him not being able to see you. Just try, okay?" He said as he searched through his bag until he found a Kroger bag, which I saw had clothes in it. "Go change." I smiled and went into the bathroom, changing into the blue skinny jeans and gray blink 182 shirt, pulling on the Vans. Finally, the stupid uniform was off of me. I still felt like crap, but it was helping that I was finally going to get out of here. Upon emerging from the room I found Rian on the phone.

"Alex," I saw Zack mouth.

"Just be at home, okay? I, uh, we're finally updating the, uh, microwave! I know how you hate it," he stuttered. He then hung up, sighing and putting his phone back in his pocket. "Well, why are we standing here? Let's go." I nodded and followed them out to the car, the sunlight almost blinding me. I haven't seen it in a year, so naturally it's shocking me to see the sunlight. I got into the car, taking the front seat as usual. At the last light to the house,I just looked down. I didn't want to see the neighborhood, or even the house. I didn't even know why I agreed to come home. Rian's rough hand reached on top of mine, taking my small fingers in his. "Nervous?"

"Yeah. Something like that," I replied quietly.

"Don't be. Alex loves you so much, you know that. As soon as you left he broke down and wouldn't come out of his room for days. He was just so conflicted as to what to do that he put you into therapy because he knew it would help. And it did. If he could take back everything he said, I know he would. Just try, okay?" He said, his tone resembling the tone he used to talk to the dogs. We then turned into the driveway, and I found it was getting harder to breathe. No, that was just me. "Take a breath and let the rest come easy," Rian quoted as he took the keys out, slamming the car door and walking over to my side. He cleared his throat and I walked into the house behind him.