I'm A Walking Travesty, but I'm Smiling at Everything

The next night we were up in New York for a show that they guys weren't playing, but I was. I was singing with Gym Class Heroes, so I needed to be up there. I pulled on a Ramones cropped tank top, demin shorts, and brown combat boots and curled up my hair before going out on the stage to so a sondcheck on the piano. "Okay, so we're opening up with the Fighter, then we're moving onto A** back home, and Neon's coming out to do that. Then we're closing with Stereo Hearts," Travie explained. I nodded and practiced the Fighter for a few minutes before fans started swarming the arena, and we had to start. Travie introduced himself and the rest of the band, and then motioned for me to start. I started playing the chords, and the rest of the band came in. Then it was my turn to sing.

"Give 'em hell," I sang, "turn their heads. Gonna live life 'till we're dead. Give me scars, give me pain, then they'll say to me , say to me, say to me, there goes the fighter, there goes the fighter. That's what they'll say to me, say to me, say to me, this one's a fighter." Then Travie started again, and I could hear the crowd singing along to every word. After their set, I went back to the bus. The guys including all of the crew were all coming out except Alex, to go to the shopping strip across the street and see what they can find. I told them I'd just hang out in the bus with Alex, and they agreed. I opened the door to the bus and heard a song ringing out. It was playing a very simple chord, but the song was so much more.

"Give me therapy, I'm a walking travesty, but I'm smiling at everything," the voice sang. It had so much pain, passion, and emotion put in to every single word I almost bursted. The voice was Alex. As he kept playing, I slowly walked onto the bus, listening to his voice. It was better than I had ever heard before. His voice screamed and begged for release, and gave it what it needed. "Arrogant boy, cause a scene like you're supposed to." That's all I heard before his voice stopped, and he sighed and started the intro to something else. I think it was something by Heart, but I couldn't tell. I walked over to the TV and turned on Family Guy, and was completely disgusted. Alex, however, ran over to the TV and basically worshipped it.

"That was good back there," I said. "Best I've ever heard you sing."

"Can we just not talk about it?" Alex said, turning up the TV louder. I nodded, although I didn't want make him mad by wanting to talk about it more. I took out my laptop and played around on some Facebook games for awhile, then turned on the movie Glory, which was one of my favorites. Alex sat back and watched the movie, but it got annoying when he was being like a three year-old and laughing every time they said a bad word, which was a lot.

"Alex, stop it. That's how they talked. Now shut up and watch the movie or I'm going to bed," I said. He pulled me into his lap and shut up for the rest of the movie, and then the guys came back. They had also done a coffee run, and had gotten me my favorite drink, which is basically very little coffee surrounded and on top of whipped cream, with lots of chocolate drizzle and whipped cream on the top with a little caramel drizzle. Perfect. I drank the drink and went to bed, letting the sounds of the guys talking about random things lull me to sleep.

"WAKE UP!" I heard Alex scream, and I opened my eyes. He was holding a video camera. I looked at him and rubbed my eyes.

"Alex, what are you doing?"

"That's my little sister, everybody. Doesn't she have the coolest face? and funniest voice when she wakes up? Yeah, I think so too," he said, turning the camera to him. I rolled my eyes.

"Just give me five more minutes, and shut the camera off. This could be counted as invading my privacy, Alexander," I replied, grabbing at the camera. He jumped away from me. I rolled over and closed my eyes again, but his voice still rang out.

"Oh, I got the full name."

"No, the full name is Alexander William Gaskarth, put the dang camera down and let me sleep. Gosh," I said, grabbing the camera and shutting it off, noticing that it was five in the morning.