Too Much

Alex's POV

I woke up the next morning early for me, about nine. I heard a ringing and tried to figure out whose phone was whose, and then answered the one that was ringing. Luckily that was mine. "Hello?" I said.

"Is this Alexander Gaskarth?" A voice replied. I recognized the voice as one of the doctors that had treated Heather when she had gotten stabbed. "This is Dr. Greene, I treated your daughter at the hospital after her stab wound."

"She's actually my sister, but continue," I said, looking over at Heather. She looked so cute when she was sleeping. She was curled up in the fetal position like she usually was, her black hair swept over her eyes and face. She was wearing the first Blink-182 shirt I had ever gotten, which was faded and had many lines and stains, and it fit her small figure perfectly. I reached over and pushed her bangs out of her eyes.

"Well I was just reviewing her file as I am required to do, and just found the reults of a blood test. Are you aware that she has frequent stomach pains and cramps?" He said. I nodded.

"Yeah, she just usually takes an ibuprofen and goes to sleep. Why, is it serious?" I replied, looking at Heather. Her eyelids fluttered and she turned over, muttering something.

"Well after looking at an X-ray we took on the day of her release, we've concluded that she has Appendicitis, which is a disease of the inflamed appendix. We're going to have to take it out," he said.

"Is it that serious?" I asked. "We're not exactly in town right now. Actually we live in Baltimore and we're on vacation in Nashville. Do we need to fly back?"

"No, that won't be nessicary. We can fax her file to Vanderbilt, and they can do the surgery there if you like so you won't have to fly back," he said. "I'll have some one contact you about it." We said goodbye and hung up. Should I tell Heather about this? I sighed and turned back to her sleeping figure. She looked so peaceful and happy. But I decided that I would tell her the truth. Carefully I walked over to her sleeping figure and shook her quietly. "Heather?" Her eyelids fluttered before opening, revealing her golden brown eyes.

"Alex?" She said, sitting up. I sat down and patted the spot next to me, and she scooted closer to me. "What's up?" I took a deep breath.

"I just got a call from the hospital," I started. "Where they helped you after Adam hurt you. They found something wrong and need to take out your appendix." She looked at me funny, and nodded.

"So are we going back to St. Louis?" I shook my head.

"No they're going to do it here. They're faxing your file to the hospital here and they're going to call us and tell us when they'll do the surgery. I'm sorry," I said, running my fingers through her soft hair. She sighed.

Heather's POV

"Will I ever not have a problem with my health?" I asked. He laughed, pulling me into a hug.

"I hope so. I'm sorry this happened, baby," he said, hugging me.

"It's okay. It'll be fine, right?" Then his phone rang again, and he answered it. After saying a few words he hung up again.

"They can do it tonight, but they'll need you to spend the night. Or they can do it tomorrow morning, which would mean you would have to spend the entire day there," Alex said.

"Tonight's fine. Just as long as I can eat," I said.

"Well you can't eat anything today," he said. I groaned.

"Is there an operation where I can eat?" He laughed.

"Sorry, babes. I don't think there is. Let's go see what all of the others are doing." We opened the joint between our rooms and saw that they were all basically passed out. I sighed.