When the World Comes Crashing Down

Alex's POV

I hate hangovers. Especially when they won't go away. I slid off the couch and onto the bus's cold floor, remembering that I had gone to the bar with the guys last night. After searching through the cabinets I finally found a bottle of pills and took two, finding my suitcase and changing into a simple the Real JB JAGK top and skinny jeans, leaving my feet in the old Converse I was wearing last night. I dug my iPhone out and played the album Futures as I fixed myself a pop-tart and went into the back lounge to eat, watching an episode of Spongebob. The hangover finally went away after awhile of sitting and staring at the TV and Twitter, posting a picture on Instagram as well. Then I walked over to Heather's bunk to see if she was sleeping.

Yeah, I know. I'm so over-protective. I just hate that everything bad happens to her and no one else. Plus she's my sister, so it's my job to make sure she doesn't get hurt. Even though she does get hurt a lot I want to keep it from happening, although something always does no matter what. Plus she's basically perfect - perfect hair, perfect looks, perfect personality. I peeled back the sheer gray curtain and saw that she was sleeping, curled up into a ball and holding onto her phone, which was playing Evanescence. Seeing as she was asleep and the battery was almost dead, I gently took the earphones from her ears and the phone from her hand and plugged it in to charge in the charging station that was built into the bunks. Then I pulled the covers back over her and shut the curtain, going into the back lounge again, pulling my phone out and turning it to some blink-182, remembering the summers when I was fifteen and sixteen, playing around with the guys and messing up everything I possibly could. From getting kicked out of bars and places like that to getting suspended from school for skipping class and sleeping in, I had had every form of high school discipline.

I just closed my eyes and let the sounds of the Rock Show bring back memories to my mind, each lyrics filling my mind with happiness. After I had listened to all of my Blink albums, I just grabbed my guitar and decided I should practice if I'm bored. I never practice, so this was a complete first. I was in the middle of playing Guts, singing along and placing my fingers as quickly as I possibly could, when my phone rang. I fished it out of my pocket and dropped it, holding my breath as I answered it without looking. Big mistake.

"Hey, baby," a voice said. I recognized the voice and almost dropped the phone.

"Jasey?" I replied, taken aback by the voice. She giggled a fake, disturbing giggle that chilled my bones. "Why are you calling me?"

"Because I love you silly," she said. I sighed.

"Jasey, we ended nine years ago," I replied flatly. "I have a girlfriend now." I lied through my teeth that time. Jasey was the only girl I would lie to on a daily basis, because I hated her. She somehow thought that I liked her, and always wanted to talk to me.

"But I'm your girlfriend! No one is better than me," she replied.

"Jasey, I don't want to talk to you. I can't talk to you. I'm kind of, uh, with my girlfriend now," I lied again. She gasped.

"You're cheating on me? Ugh, I should have known you were a manw*****!" She hung up on me. Thank goodness. Hopefully that was over now. I groaned, trying to get the conversation out of my head. I walked into the front lounge and saw that the guys were all awake, groaning about their hangovers.

"I'm going to go take a shower. Don't bother me unless you want your a** kicked," I said, grabbing a towel. I took a shower, relaxing myself and letting all of my troubles wash away. Then I changed into an old Jack's Mannequin t-shirt and skinny jeans, fixing my hair and pulling on a black Mickey Mouse hoodie.

"So what's up?" Rian said, trying to break the awkward silence. I rolled my eyes.

"The sky, dumba**," I answered, sitting down. Then I heard a noise from the bunk area and looked over to see Heather stumbling towards us in her pj's, then put her head in my lap and slung her legs across everyone else's laps. "Morning, Princess," I said, looking down. She did a goofy-looking smile before it faded and grabbed my phone from my hoodie's pocket. She sat up and swung her legs into a sitting position when she saw that Jasey had called.