WHEN THE SUN RISES

5132

"Dear Samara,

Life isn't something we can plan out, it just happens. I learned it the hard way. People say a broken heart is the hardest to heal. But people like me don't have hearts, we have an insane amount of weird feeling that we don't know what to do with it.

After the war, Mikhail was so ashamed that he couldn't even look me in the eyes for days. He apologized a lot and even when I said I wasn't really mad at him cause least be honest. If I was, I'd totally abandoned him to go have a vacation in the Bahamas.

Oh, I finally met Mikhail's friend Aaron. He's so charming! You'd really like him. Now I see why they work so well together. Mikhail is the serious grumpy one where Aaron is the more fun one. They both almost lost their friendship over all the lies but you wouldn't believe how easily he noted all the supernatural facts so quickly. Hell, he's bugging Mikhail to let him meet the Volkios. One of these days I'm going to bring Raphael to him. An angel in his life would really do him good.

Zach, on other hand, went quiet. The moment we return from hell, he locked himself in Mikhail's place for days. I knew why he was sad. His bindings were gone making him a lone soul. But I know he'll get better. Nowadays he's working as a volunteer in a hospital, where he could take souls that were about to die as his bindings. And, emotionally, I hope one day he finds the strength to move on from all the things he went through.

Also...

I miss Hannah, you know?

Once again, she lost her life trying to keep her people alive. When we came back, Lorette dropped the bomb that she died doing what she did best. Protecting the Coven. I hate that I missed her funeral. I hate that Sage took her from me.

I hate more for not being able to save her.

And I've decided to live as much normal as I can. Which starts with Zach and me going to finish college online. I mean the sole idea was mine but Zach didn't look too disturbed by it. Judging by his mental health now, I am sure this will be the perfect distraction he had been looking for after losing his trinket.

After Zedkiel destroyed the original diary you gave me, he offered me this one as an apology. When I started to write in that diary I was desperate for some kind of normalcy. I wanted to keep myself sane, I wanted the fact like me being a Reaper was just a story, an idea. But I never thought I could find myself again. I never expected to meet my real family and a coven who still had their door opened for me. Once upon a time, I wasn't ready to be a Reaper. But today I am as forever I will be. So this is probably going to be my last entry.

Going to miss you,

-5132."

"5132! We have to go. We're going to be late!"

Mikhail's voice broke the trance I was in. Today was the day we were going to Keisha's funeral. I didn't know what to feel at the moment. I didn't know how to react to all of this. I didn't even know if I should be reacting at all. The car drive seemed unreal, like some horrible dream. Mikhail had been silent and I had stared out of the window.

"It's okay to feel pain right now. It's okay to cry." He whispered to which I only nodded. After that day, the Volkios found Keisha's body in the basement so they brought her with us to bury her. I didn't want to say goodbye. I wanted our last goodbye to be in that abyss. Keisha seemed happy and more alive than the casket she was laying on right now.

"We're here," He suddenly declared making me sigh. It was time. I threw myself from the car, closing my eyes and trying to clear my thoughts.

When Zach saw us coming he ran up and gave me a hug. I hugged him back and watched men carry Keisha's casket through the cemetery from afar. Zedkiel and his clan members organized the whole funeral even if they surely hated her. Though out of all the people, Zedkiel looked mostly hurt as he kept his eyes on the casket the whole time. He even did all the duties a family member should do at a funeral. That was weird but maybe they knew each other years ago. Who the fuck knew? They were practically ancient.