CHAPTER 33 [EDITED]

5132

"A Reaper."

"Selene?" I asked, not letting myself believe that I just summoned the moon goddess.

"Dear goddess," Sage whispered, immediately dropping on his knees. Why was he acting like such a good minion? My eyes narrowed at the show but she didn't look away from me at once.

"You summoned me and I'm at your service. What do you need, my child?" Selene slowly spoke. Hell, even her voice sounded like an angel or Raphael.

"I need revenge." Without thinking, I pointed at Sage. He was the reason Keisha turned into a Reaper, killed my sister and now we were all going to be killed. Indeed, he needed to be punished.

He needed to be killed.

Without warning, the moon goddess flew toward Sage and screams began to ripple through the wind. The great Selene was here to protect us. I looked around to see some were trying to run away and some bold ones still trying to attack them. High pitched, wrenching screams filled the air as we fought against the creatures. Someone in there must have had eyes on me cause suddenly I was flying off the entrance only to hit the ground with force.

"Are you alright?" I heard Mikhail's voice, trying to stop the world from going round and round. A sigh of relief left my lips. At least he was here now. I moved again, pain hitting me too fast. Concerned, he started to probe and poke my head until he touched where he hurt most. His fingers came up covered in red.

"Shit! You're bleeding! C'mon, let's get you out of here." He offered me his hand and I gladly took them. But still, I wanted to know that if Sage was really dead. As if reading my mind, he shook his head urgently. "We'll come back but right now you need help."

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw one of Sage's minions was still chanting.

How many people did he actually have?

I tried to hear what he was chanting about but before I could do that darkness consumed us. How the hell...The moon was hiding itself. That's when it clicked. He was trying to kick Selene back into her world.

Selene let out an inhuman growl and was quickly turning into nothing. I tried to help her but before I could even move, arms grabbed me roughly from behind. I struggled but they were much stronger.

"Mikhail, she's leaving! Can't you see?"

"I can see it. That's why we need to go." He groaned causing me to roll my eyes.

"The more reason to help her." The moon was going down and Selene was fading away. Something bad had to have happened.

He met my gaze with a stern look. "It's suicide to go back there so I suggest we run."

I looked at him with disbelief. He was kidding, right?

"No. I won't run until I know Sage is dead." I snapped, trying to walk out but his hands tightened around my arm.

"No, you're not going anywhere. I promised your mother that I'll safely return you to her and I don't break promises. Don't make me do it, please, 5132." He said through clenched teeth.

I ground my teeth to stop myself from saying anything else. He called me 5132. Holy hell. It had to mean something. When I didn't say anything, he just led me through another passage and came to a hidden door. He opened it and stuck his head through but not before grinning at my pouting face.

"You coming or not?"

With a scoff, I made my way to the room only to see Zach and Keisha in a heated conversation. Frowning, I looked at Mikhail for any kind of explanation but he just shrugged.

"What were you guys talking about?" I asked the duo that immediately made them stop.

"We were discussing how to get out of limbo but Zach thinks my way is too risky," Keisha replied to which Zach scowled. What was the way that was too risky, even for Zach?

Zach stepped forward. "She wants to pretend that she's ready to help Sage and then open a portal to get out of here. Now there's a 99 percent chance that we can all get killed. Your mother is insane."

Shit, Zach was right.

Though before I could even open my mouth, suddenly a gust of wind knocked me off from my feet. Instantly, I pulled myself into a standing position and saw that Zach was pinned to the wall and Mikhail was bound to a chair. Only Keisha and I were left alone.

Sage was once again in the form of a hellhound. He didn't die, he just found out about our hideout. I wanted to slap myself for being this stupid. Obviously, he had followed us here. He was bleeding out yet his first thought was to capture Lana, kill poor Lana.

Just give me a break...

Without warning, Sage went for my neck which I neatly dodged. Keisha was furiously chanting something and this slowed Sage a little bit but he was still after me. Just what did I look to him that he couldn't just let go!

"I told you I'll get that gate open today and when I say this know that you'll die and kill your own mother to do that." He snarled, pinning me to the wall next to Zach who was trying to break free but failed. Mikhail looked like he could murder Sage in cold blood as even his muscle didn't move despite the things he started to murmur. I guessed that none of their magic was working right now.

What could I do now? Think, think!

Suddenly I remembered that I still had the dagger with me in my left pocket. Now if I could just reach my hands in there only then... After trying four times, I successfully pulled the dagger out. Now! Something in me claimed. Kill him now. Without thinking, I closed my eyes and pushed the dagger deep into his heart.

Silence...

I was met with silence. I was expecting some kind of animal growl but I only heard a sharp breath. Slowly opening my eyes, my jaw dropped. Instead of Sage's blood, my hands were smeared with Keisha's blood. She was clutching her heart and her eyes showed relief. How could she look relieved? I just pushed a dagger in her heart.

No.

No, no, no.

"One part of the ritual is now completed. I told you fate always wins."

Sage was saying something more but I couldn't hear a single word coming from his mouth. I did what they wanted me to do. I killed Keisha, she's gone. Before Keisha could slump to the ground I caught her and we both ended up on the floor, Keisha's head dropping on my lap.

"Lana?"

This couldn't be real. This couldn't be happening. It had to be a horrible nightmare. I needed to wake up. I needed to wake up right now. I didn't even get to vent all my anger yet.

"I'm so sorry."

I heard the whisper. But I also noticed the lack of a sound.

Her heartbeat.

***

Now another update and thanks to all who were on this journey of an emotional roller coaster.
If you think this drama has finished you're so wrong. There's going to be more crying, knowing more about the Reapers, (Hey, it's called The Reaper saga for a reason), and heartthrob moments that'll surely make you want to see where it leads Lana next. So, for now, read and enjoy!