CHAPTER 26 [EDITED]

5132

"Lana? Lana, wake up."

Samara...

"Please, I beg you, wake up!"

When my eyes finally opened it was pitch black. Where the hell was I? Dammit! I couldn't believe this was happening right now. This was not what I was expecting when I woke up that day.

"You happy now? Look what you have done." I shook my head in disappointment. "No dolly for you to play with."

"Talking to yourself?" Someone asked from the door but because of the sheer darkness, it was hard to tell who it was.

"No, talking to your piss poor minion. He forgot to leave the book with me." I couldn't help but let the venom in my voice known.

"You have a lovely character. Pity, you are just needed for a few days. Then you can leave if you want to. Oh and by leaving I meant, die soon, sorry, you look just so familiar that it's hard to think who I am talking to." He let out a chuckle and if possible hid his body more behind the door.

"What? Are you scared of me? Don't want to let me see your dickhead of a face?" I smirked feeling the familiar pull. He was afraid of something, but it looked like I wasn't the reason. He was afraid of what he'd do if I lost control.

Interesting.

"So curious to see me. Hmm...we can work something out of you." He tasked, leaving the switch on. Ah, there it was. Light. Looking around, it was clear that I was still in the manor. In other words, the torture cell to be exact.

Looking back at the man, I saw him carrying the book Hannah wanted to save. He couldn't be more than in his late thirties. He had midnight black hair and deep red eyes. But that didn't faze me as much as the horn did.

Hellhounds...

"How can a hellhound walk on this earth without feeling the pull to hell?" I whispered with a frown but he heard it anyway.

"You're correct but I don't like the term hellhound. It makes me sound like an old dog-" He chuckled at his own joke "And it's not safe to disrespect someone like me for only being a...hellhound." He finished.

"So what should I call you, Almighty?" I spat the word dripping with sarcasm.

"No...but Sage would do." He replied clearly ignoring me. I frowned at the name. Sage? That Sage?

"So...the reason you are here. I want you to read this book and call your Seeker." He straight cut got to the main business. But my mouth went dry upon hearing about the Seeker. He wanted me to call Mikhail.

Everything was good in the world again. Fuck.

"Why? Can't you call him yourself?" I asked. If he heard any bitterness behind the words, he didn't question it.

"It only works when the Reaper calls themselves." He revealed instead while looking at me with curious eyes. Creepy much?

"Sorry, not interested."

"Lana-"

"Look, I'm a very impatient person and I do occasional homicides of the people I don't like. I have got a damn reason to know why I'm locked up here!" I finally snapped.

He gave me a daring smirk in return. "Like mother, like daughter. Now I can see where this stubbornness comes from."

"That's why Roth Gill is the best wanted lawyer in every damn state."

"I wasn't exactly talking about her." He challenged.

"Then my real birth mother? That bitch?" I asked not knowing if I should be happy or feel threatened. Maybe that bitch was working with this psycho. Who knew what they were planning now?