Homework Time

10/24/19

"Hey, Judai?" Yusei asked, popping his head in the kitchen doorway just enough that Judai could see his head and not much else.

Judai paused his stirring with a blink, setting the bowl of work-in-progress cookie dough down and replying, "What's up? Did you need another drink?"

He shook his head, coming a little bit more into view as he leaned forward, "No, I'm still good on that - I was just wondering if I could use some of your notebooks. I... kind-of forgot to get my own, and all the paper I've been using nowadays is the blank ones instead of lined, so..."

"Oh, yeah of course that's fine," Judai reassured him, looking at his food before determining that he was fine to stop for a bit to go help him; he just made sure to cover the bowl completely with a towel real fast so that nothing could get into it before going to wash his hands, saying, "I'll just go help you get a few. I know there were some specific ones that I needed for an idea I had so it'll be easier for me to just go with you rather than try to describe them."

"That works, thank you," Yusei sighed lightly, fully coming into the doorway now and leaning against it with a smile as he waited for him, "I'd honestly prefer blank pages over lined, but this one class specifically asked for lined paper when doing the homework."

"Ah... yeah, in that case you gotta just go with whatever the professor wants, don't ya?" Judai agreed, drying his hands quickly and making his way over to Yusei - his hands were still plenty frozen from washing them, so for his own amusement he carefully and quickly lifted the other's hoodie to put his hands on his waist and back, grinning when he successfully pulled a little squeak and a jump from him.

"You did that on purpose," Yusei playfully glared at him, arms wrapping protectively around his own waist in reaction.

"Aw, I couldn't help it, the opportunity was just there so I had to," Judai retorted, leaning up to give him a peck on the lips and cheek, "Come on though, let's get you that notebook. The sooner you finish your homework and studying, the sooner you can... uh... be done and focus entirely on anything but school."

"Uh huh, I see, do tell me more," Yusei snorted, moving off the door frame and leading the way up. Judai pouted at the teasing, though one shared look with Yusei was enough to make them both start laughing.

Judai's box of notebooks and other such stationary supplies, like stamps and ink and loose-leaf pages were all kept 'neatly' in a box in their closet - in other words, it was a piled on mess, but it was organized chaos and Judai was able to navigate it far easier than Yusei would've been able to had he been by himself. Another thing of note would be that the box was stored on a lower shelf that they'd cleared out specifically for his use, mainly so he didn't have to reach up past his height to grab his own stuff, and it was something Judai wished they could do for the other closet in the hallway because he still had issues getting to the extra toothpaste and floss whenever he needed it.

Yusei had suggested just keeping a stash in their bathroom, but Judai was quick to shoot that idea down for some random premise he couldn't really remember at the moment - all he knew was that it was definitely not his real reason for not wanting to, which was that he very secretly enjoyed all the times Yusei'd lean over him to get it for him.

...Gods, he loved him. It was taking all his willpower right now not to just whisk him into cuddling on the bed because he looked comfy and squishy and cute with his glasses, his hoodie and that pair of sweatpants Judai had insisted he get as pajamas.

"Alright, so-" Judai started, letting out a small huff as he dropped the heavy box on the bed and started taking out the few notebooks he needed for his stuff (like his nice bullet journals), "-you can pick from anything in here. I'm taking out my stuff so if it's not in the box, you can't have it." He held up one such notebook in front of him that he'd acquired on one of their excursions around the city, which was a cute scene with Winged Kuriboh, and teased, "That means no Winged Kuriboh for you, he's going outside the box."

"I think I can live with that, I've got my own cute Kuriboh already after all," Yusei chuckled, pulling him into a hug once he was done.

Judai melted into it as best he could, savoring the feel of it to try and sate his Yusei needs and replying with a roll of his eyes, "Ha ha, yes you do - now go do your homework already, mister."

"Yes sir," he grinned, giving him a quick kiss before letting go to rummage through the box. As Judai went to leave though, he piped up with one more question.

"...When you're done with the first batch, please tell me?"

"Who do you think I am? Of course I will, don't worry."