Parkour

9/8/19

It was a couple hours later that Judai found himself and Yusei on a building's rooftop - it'd started with an innocent little wonder from Yusei about whether or not they could climb one of the below alleyway's fire escape staircases, which would involve quite a bit of jumping across the alleyway between fire escapes. Of course, Judai being himself took up the challenge, managing to do most of it without any boosts from him powers, and to his surprise Yusei was right behind him.

"You parkour a lot or somethin' Yus?" Judai asked curiously, pausing to lean over one of the metal railings to look over at Yusei, who was only a floor below him. Just low enough to let him do it on his own, but still close enough to him that should he slip up and fall, then Judai could grab him safely with a shadow - if he hadn't had that extra reassurance, there's no way he'd have been so comfortable doing this kind of parkour with his easily breakable boyfriend.

"What do you think I had to do all day growing up?" Yusei replied, raising a single eyebrow at him in amusement before turning back to looking over the next jump he'd be making with a sigh, "Half the time I was forced to do a bit of parkour to get to where I wanted to be due to how worn down everything was, so it's something I got used to and came to like. The seeking it out on my own bit came much later, though, when I got bored one day and did that instead of working my runner." He hauled his body up and over the fence after a few moments of adjusting his grip, kicking off strongly and soaring through the air for a few heart-pounding moments until Yusei's boots planted firmly on the other fire escape with a loud clang.

"I used to want to, so I'd end up climbing on top of the dorms at the academy or exploring the rooftop access of the main building. They really needed to keep that stuff locked, to be honest, but it worked out well for me because no one else really bothered to go up there. I made some... pretty dangerous jumps without a back-up plan, now that I think about it," Judai laughed sheepishly, grinning at Yusei who'd leaned on the fence facing towards him and started smiling fondly at him with his cheek resting in his palm, "Was about this high up, but with nothing that could save me if I missed the jump."

"Well, at least now you don't have to deal with that," Yusei stated, pushing up and gesturing for him to move out of the way - he was ready to join him and was all lined up for the jump, now all he had to do was land it, "I'd probably be significantly more worried about this if I weren't sure that you'd catch me if I fell."

"Just land the jump and I won't even have to think about it," Judai teased, moving off to the side and watching.

Yusei took a visibly deep breath, focusing entirely on the jump and what he had to do before doing the same as before and kicking off the fence - it looked like he was going to be a little short at first, but he actually made a nearly perfect jump, so there'd really been no reason to worry.

As he tried to steady himself, Judai took advantage of the moment to pull the other into a hug and scoop him up into a bridal carry, "Let's just get to the rooftop already, yeah? Then we can take a break and look down at the city."

"D-Do you absolutely need to carry me?" Yusei grumbled, latching his arms around his neck to catch his balance and burying his head into his shoulder in embarrassment, "I'm sure I can walk up a couple flights of stairs."

"Yeah, but I can run up them faster than you and I'm feelin' impatient," Judai responded simply, nudging his head away for a moment so he could lean down and catch his lips for a quick kiss, "Plus I like having you in my arms like this."

"That's it, next time I'm the one carrying you like this."

"I feel like someone has little bit of catching-up to do in arm strength to even be able to do that in the first place."

Yusei huffed and gave him the cutest, indignant stare, which Judai snickered at and ended up giving him another peck on the lips for in response. It's not that Yusei wasn't strong enough as is to do it, it's just that he wouldn't be able to do it for too long - and if the motivator Yusei needed to start working out actively instead of every couple of days at home was to be able to carry around Judai, then so be it, as long it worked.