Rule Layout

11/21/19

"Okay... tomorrow, we've all got the day off from any and all things that we usually have, so are we all in agreement to have the snowball fight then?" Judai started off a few days later, catching the other three all gathered together at dinner and figuring that was the best time to bring it up, "Just asking because if we're going to do this, then I need to lay a few ground rules for this, especially if I'm going to be summoning our duel spirit partners for this."

"Hell yeah we'll be ready tomorrow!" Crow replied, getting nods in agreement from the other two and tossing Judai a grin, "And we'll try not to mess anything up too badly, right Jack?"

"Hey, why are you singling me out?!" Jack retorted, sending him quite the offended look - if they hadn't all been at the dinner table and therefore preoccupied with eating, Judai honestly is sure that Jack would've shaken Crow back and forth 'til he was dizzy.

"...I say you both need to not mess anything up too badly," Yusei deadpanned from the side, though he had a little tiny smile on his face that made it clear he was being playful and teasing them. Plus, he was staring at Judai and very clearly not the other two, which was more of a tell than anything else even if the other two looked ready to jump on his case for saying that anyway.

"Okay okay, rules then," Judai quickly interrupted, waving around the bite of food currently on his fork and getting everyone's attention again before any of them could start up one of what Judai liked to call their "Brotherly Love" arguments... where they basically joked around and made fun of each other in jest until someone couldn't take it anymore, then it always just kind-of spiraled down from there and ended with a duel if it came down to it. It wasn't that he didn't find them entertaining, but those types of arguments were not what he needed to deal with right now.

"First rule - make sure you're not throwing anything that's not snow. Basic, yeah, but things happen and duel monsters can be pretty overzealous a lot of the time," Judai started, moving on to the next when he saw all three of them nod in understanding, "Second rule - nothing that boosts raw throwing power. Increased numbers are fine, but the ability to use a snowball as an actual weapon is decidedly not fine; to add to this because we all have a few duel monsters that can fly, if you're in the air try to drop snow balls more than throw them unless you're targeting someone who's also in the air."

"...Do my resonators do any of that?" Jack asked curiously, grumbling a little at the thought of the little guys and all the tricks they'd played on him before.

"Yeah, so make sure you tell them what to do. I'm pretty sure all of them can boost power by varying levels," Judai replied, glad he'd asked the question rather than keep quiet about it. The resonators were a playful, fun group of duel spirits, but man could their mischief seriously go off the rails if they weren't kept in check - they'd shared enough stories about what they'd done for Judai to know they could, he didn't have to witness it himself for him to know.

"How many of our partners are you going to summon?" Yusei asked curiously, tilting his head a bit in wonder while Crow enthusiastically nodded along at the question, "We're going to need a bigger area than the outside area of the apartment building if it's a lot. Should we go to the park?"

"That's what I was thinking and was going to suggest next, to be honest," Judai admitted, taking a bite of his food and quickly chewing and swallowing, "We'll go to the usual clearing, it's a weekday so there's already going to be basically no one there. Also, I dunno how many I'll summon but I'll probably limit it to three or four per person to keep it fair - one to three star monsters only, got it guys? Anything with a star level higher than that will be way too strong for a casual snowball fight."

Granted, it was as casual as a snowball war could be (which wasn't actually very much in reality), but it was the easiest way to put it. This was going to be the Great Snowball War two-point-zero, and they were going all out with their teams of duel spirits.

"Final rule," Judai stated, pointing his fork at all of them before challenging them with a wide, toothy smirk, "Loser has to clean dishes for a week, and also has to be a guinea pig for trying a ton of new stuff I got recently from the spirit dimension. Who knows what the side-effects will be?"

"Fine, you're on!" Crow agreed immediately, sporting a similarly competitive look that the other two were quick to match, "My Blackwings are takin' you guys down!"

"No way, my duel monsters and I will seize victory - there's no other outcome! The King won't lose in something like this!" Jack countered, looking fairly confident in himself as he crossed his arms and smirked at them.

Yusei hummed, giving everyone a look over before smiling knowingly and stating simply, "We'll see about that."

"Oh ho, those are some fighting words there, Yus," Judai teased, seeing that the other two had refocused on each other and were now bantering back and forth trying to one-up each other's challenge.

"Well I'd watch out, because I'll be doing my best and so will my duel monsters," Yusei warned, his smile gaining a biting edge to it as it turned into a small smirk just for him, "No mercy, love."

This was going to be one hell of a fun snowball war.