Party Invite

12/5/19

Judai yawned as he found himself suddenly awake, noting that it was still early morning, judging solely from the little bit of soft light that came in through the window. It wasn't too unusual for him to wake up like this sometimes, especially more recently considering he and Yusei had fallen into routine while making sure not to stay up too late mainly to instill good habits, but it was still a rare enough occurrence for him to be a little thrown-off by it.

At least it was nice and warm under the sheets, which was something he took the time to soak in as he curled a more into Yusei, chuckling quietly when he looked at him and found him drooling just a little bit on the pillow with his mouth ever-so-slightly open; he took measures to make sure he was safe from it at least by moving down a bit so he was hugging his waist, head resting against his chest. It was nice to just listen to the other's heartbeat for a bit while he enjoyed the quiet peace of early morning.

Eventually, though, that quiet peace was interrupted by a short little buzz from his phone on the side table, so he mentally prepared himself to go out into the cold air before quickly moving out from under the covers to swipe it away. He snuggled back under the covers, arms settling back into the warmth the most out of everything, before unlocking his phone and checking the notification, which turned out to be an email.

Not just any old email from the looks of it, either, considering it was from Asuka and apparently sent to pretty much everyone in the group. Both Yubel and Haou perked up at the stray thought, paying attention more consciously to what he was doing and reading it aloud in his head with him.

"A holiday party, huh?" Yubel hummed, "Looks like a lot of people will be going."

"...The crocodile man will be there, apparently," Haou quietly noted, which wasn't surprising to either of them - it was an open secret between all of them that he actually respected Jim quite a bit now that he wasn't being influenced at all by anything and could look back at everyone's actions from the time with an open mind. Of course, it was supposed to be a secret because this was Haou and he was too embarrassed to ever admit to such a thing, but he didn't exactly hide it from the two of them either.

He'll be coming with Johan from the looks of it, Judai replied, not speaking out loud just in case he accidentally woke Yusei up - if he'd just gone to sleep he would've been fine with talking, but it was early morning and he had a feeling that if he made much noise it'd wake him up. It was close enough to when they usually got up that it was a strong possibility, so he wasn't going to take the chance.

"Ooh, and that one smart kid'll be there too!" Yubel pointed out, drawing his attention to Daichi's reply to the original email - everyone had just replied so far to the entire group with their confirmations, so they could tell who was able to go so far, "Along with the girl... Rei, right?"

Yeah, that's Rei, Judai confirmed, suddenly reminded of the fact that the two were apparently, again, married? Looks like he'd get the chance to ask, at least - he had a feeling there was a long-winded story to be told there, and he knew Rei could get into long story-telling tangents if you let her, so he'd get the whole thing in one go.

Hell, at least she would most definitely tell him, whereas Asuka seemed to enjoy tormenting him with curiosity as to how she and Jun got together.

He double-checked the date of the party before setting a reminder for it on his calendar, making another notification to pop up later today so that he didn't forget to tell Yusei about it. It was set a few days after finals were over for him, so they'd probably be going, but he just wanted to make sure it actually was before sending the email out to confirm it.

For now though, he made the quick venture outside the blankets and sheets to put his phone back on the table (making sure to drop it quietly just in case as well) before closing his eyes again and leaning into Yusei, deciding to just spend the rest of the morning lightly dozing; he really loved how winter time made it easy to cuddle and relax with him thanks to the temperature being just right for it, especially in the extra-chilly morning.