Second Attempt

10/23/19

It'd been two weeks now since Yusei'd been going out running and doing some strength training every morning with Judai, and he could already feel a major difference in not just his stamina but his strength, too. It was easier to get up and move around than before since most of their focus was on increasing his core strength, and it was actually easier to sit up straight as well - they hadn't tried his wings again yet, though, so that's what they planned to do that night.

They were back in the park they'd gone to the first time Judai brought him flying and it was just as empty as it was then, so they were in the clear this time as well. It wasn't too well lit, but it was enough for what they needed to be able to see each other.

"Alright, you should be much better off this time when you summon them," Judai said, letting go of his hand now that they were there and jogging a few steps in front of him so he could get a good look, "Even if you still start to fall though I'll catch you, so don't worry about it."

Yusei hummed in acknowledgement, pulling out the right card again and activating his duel disk, "Hopefully you won't need to... here we go."

It almost felt easier to summon the second time around, the slightly more familiar wings suddenly forming behind him as he activated the card - this time he was prepared for the extra weight being added, so although he stumbled a little still it was fixed with a quick shuffle backwards. It felt much lighter this time, which meant that all that work every morning had paid off in the end - he was even able to move them this time, though it felt really weird and he was absolutely positive he'd awkwardly flail around if he even tried to flap them correctly.

He looked away from his wings, which he'd only just now noticed he'd turned to look at in awe, giving Judai a wide smile as he said, "I think I'm good this time."

"They don't feel as heavy as last time? Don't feel like you're gonna fall?" Judai asked, running up to him excitedly and pausing at his side to run a hand along one of his wings.

"Nope. I can move 'em too, though it feels... extremely off, to say the least," Yusei replied, managing to shift the wing a little closer to Judai through some stroke of luck.

"Well I know how that one goes at least, I sucked in the beginning too. You're pretty much learning how to use limbs you've never used before, but it's so worth it in the end," Judai smiled, calming down a little after chuckling when the wing lightly bumped into him, "So, how did you wanna do this? I can show you mine for comparison to see how they work, but yours seems to have a lot of extra joints so I wouldn't be able to help you much with that..."

"That's true... maybe later I'll be able to ask Stardust for help?" Yusei wondered - he was pretty sure they'd be happy to help him out with this, so it was definitely something to come back to later. For now though he tried to think of any other ways Judai could help him, letting the other explore his wings some more while he did.

One particular section Judai touched made him twitch, which suddenly struck him with an idea.

"I've got it," he stated, turning his head to look back at him and catching his attention, "Just keep touching my wings like the way you are right now and I'll try to be able to feel out where the different muscles are. It'll be trial and error but hopefully I'll start to be able to move the different parts correctly."

"Ah, that'll work. Good idea, dear," Judai agreed, working his way back up to him to give him a quick hug and kiss - he had to wrap his arms up around his neck thanks to the wings and stand on his toes, which actually wasn't something he did often. He'd lean up, yes, but putting his arms around his neck? Not as much as one would think he would.

Yusei quite liked the feeling of him hanging off him like that though, so maybe one day if he wanted to tease him he'd just put the other's arms there and see how he reacted.

"I'll be gentle, promise," Judai grinned after, dropping back flat on his feet, "Let's sit down though, you don't exactly need to be standing for this and I don't know how long we'll be out here."

"M'kay," Yusei said, pulling him with him as he plopped down on the ground, making sure he fell into him. Judai let out a little squeak which was quickly smothered by another quick kiss, followed by both of them laughing as both of them finally settled into their place on the ground.

"You really like pulling me around, huh?" Judai stated, rolling his eyes playfully before re-positioning himself to sit more comfortably on his lap so he could stay there and reach around to his wings, "Guess I'll just stay here for a bit then."

"I like that idea," Yusei said, wrapping his arms around his waist in a hug and resting his head on his shoulder as Judai started slowly moving his hand around one of his wings to get started.

He managed to get some parts to move correctly, but it was definitely still a work-in-progress, so they decided to just come out every night and practice for an hour or two - practice makes perfect after all, and he needed all he could get.