Keeping the Title

8/26/19

"Damn it," Judai muttered, giving Yusei a lighthearted glare as he let his cards fall to the table in defeat, "How do you keep doing that?"

"Like I said before, I make very educated guesses," Yusei grinned, triumphant in winning at the board game once again. Everyone else managed to last longer once again, and it ended up being a fight between him, Luka, and Judai towards the end, but before the other two could do anything he'd found the solution.

"You two put up a great fight though!" Lua cheered, taking advantage of the fact that Judai was sitting down to wrap his arms around both him and his sister, "I thought for sure one of you were gonna beat him!"

"Why was I the first one out again?" Jack huffed, his arms crossed as he sipped at a cup of coffee - he'd lost pretty early in the game like last time, but this time he didn't bother to stick around and went to brew himself something while he waited. At least he refilled everyone else's drinks while he did so, too.

"At least you died of your own mistakes, someone here targeted me," Aki stated, raising an eyebrow at Crow.

Yusei had shared a look with Judai when they initially all sat down around the table, grinning internally at the fact that Crow had immediately sat himself down right next to Aki. He then proceeded to target her with event cards throughout the game, which ended up being almost impossible not to lose to, and from the look on Judai's face Yusei could tell that he was wondering how he hadn't noticed it before.

It was just one of those things that when you knew about it, it became painfully obvious but when you didn't, it basically didn't exist.

Crow laughed unashamedly, sending her a toothy grin, "Hey, I'll have you know I chose a random number before we started and it just happened to be yours. I can't control what the world decided to give me."

"You could've, y'know, ignored it."

"Where's the fun in that?"

Aki sighed but smiled in defeat, laughing a bit when Luka flopped onto the couch next to her and sighed in understanding as well, which in turn led to both the twins crawling on the couch to maker her laugh more.

"Well, I don't know about you guys but I'm hungry - that game took way longer than last time," Judai said, stretching his arms up and following Luka's example by flopping over onto Yusei in the chair next to him, "Winner cleans up?"

"We made him clean it up last time, though..." Luka frowned, sitting up before smiling at Yusei, "We'll do it this time, you go help Judai with dinner, okay?"

"Thanks," Yusei replied, leaning back a little so he could press a kiss to Judai's chin, "Now, you need to get up and off of me so that I can get up, mister."

"But you're so comfy," Judai teased, letting his weight fall even more on him to the point that Yusei started to fall forward and almost lost his balance. Before he could fall off from that, though, he found himself suddenly with nothing underneath him; he yelped slightly as he fell backwards and was quickly caught and dragged up by the armpits.

"Judai-!"

"Aw, don't worry, I'll always catch you if you fall!~"

Yusei gave him an embarrassed glare as everyone else started laughing, though he couldn't keep it for long when Judai dragged him around the corner of the kitchen out of sight and gave him a nice, long apology kiss.