Christmas Cards

12/11/19

Yusei'd initially forgotten thanks to the relief of finally being done with finals and all of that, but now that he'd gotten some time to relax he remembered the question he'd meant to ask Judai. It wasn't exactly important, he supposed, considering the nature of it, but it was just something he was curious if they should do.

"Judai, did we want to put cards with the presents or no?" he asked, in the middle of printing out the finished recipes they'd both worked on making. They'd finally decided on doing jars for cookies - the other option they'd been stuck on was hot cocoa, but they pretty much just flipped a coin to decide on it. Judai had then, of course, needed to figure out exactly which kind of cookies to make the jars for and had eventually decided on peppermint s'mores cookies.

Don't ask Yusei, he didn't even know what the hell a s'more was before his Kuriboh had suggested it. Judai had floundered a bit when he asked what it was, then promptly dragged him to the kitchen, lighting up the stove and proclaiming that he was extremely glad it was an open flame before enlightening him as to what s'mores were; he ended up really liking them, even if they were a bit messier than he was used to, but he supposed that was part of the charm of it. Plus, he got to tease Judai a bit by poking him with sticky marshmallow fingers, which led to sweet kisses and a bit of a poking fight that ended with both of them needing to wash marshmallow bits out of their hair.

He had to wonder how someone even thought of roasting marshmallows and squishing it between graham crackers and chocolate in the first place, though. Judai had explained it was mainly something of a camping tradition, but it was a super popular dessert treat regardless.

Either way, they'd made the recipes and matching tags to put on the jars, making sure to buy some nice, thick paper to print them on so it looked better. Honestly though, Yusei thought they'd look amazing even without that extra little touch because Judai's drawings really made the tags and recipes pop thanks to the various little Winged Kuriboh's and Junk Synchron's he'd created - the Kuriboh held up ingredient pictures while Synchron appeared throughout the various directions, and at the top they both flanked the title with animatedly happy looks.

"Ah shit," Judai realized, groaning a little as he face-palmed, "Another thing I forgot. Thanks for the reminder, we need cards not just because they're Christmas cards but because we need to put the recipes in them."

"Don't thank me, thank the people I overheard exchanging cards going between classes," Yusei laughed, giving him a little smile, "I think at this point we should just go to the store and buy a bunch rather than try and make more. The party's in only a few days."

"You're right, at least we made the other stuff," Judai agreed, hugging him and burying his head in his shoulder after wrapping his arms around him in a hug - it was at just the right place that Yusei knew if he wasn't currently wearing a hoodie, he'd have accidentally startled from the other's face tickling him then been subjected to more purposeful tickling.

He returned the hug, resting his own head on top of his and humming lightly in satisfaction - Judai was being a living heater as usual, and it was much appreciated thanks to how cold the apartment was. He'd ended up being a lot more touchy recently than usual as a result (which was saying something, to be honest), but he couldn't help but want to steal all that warmth constantly, which also always came with bonus hugs and kisses.

Should I get him a card? Yusei suddenly wondered, feeling a bit uncertain about it considering what they'd already discussed regarding getting presents for each other. That conversation had actually been a huge relief to him because he'd honestly been having the exact same crisis Judai'd had, but he'd been a bit too nervous to bring it up yet - he'd found a little present for him by that time, but it wasn't too much and after having that discussion he was actually going to give it to him before they went to the party so he'd get more use out of it.

He probably didn't need to get a card, but just to be safe, he'd include a little note in the tags on whatever he ended up buying him. It held the same sentiment and was a good enough compromise for him to ease his worries about it almost completely.