Event Decisions

10/29/30

"So... which place should we go? The fair looks pretty cool but the park's stuff looks fun too," Judai asked later, leaning backi into Yusei's shoulder while he hugged him from behind - they were searching up all the local Halloween events near them, and so far they'd found quite a few but they simply hadn't clicked as things they'd want to go to. For instance, there were a lot of things like haunted mansions and spooky, haunted mazes where the goal was to have fun getting scared, but they didn't really want to participate in that part of Halloween in particular. All they really wanted to do was look at all the costumes people had, have some sugary food or at least really good food they didn't normally have, and look at all the Halloween decorations, so while those places were definitely out, all the other places were in.

The first place they were seriously considering was another event that was being held at the closest park to them like the Tanabata Festival was (not the central park that Jack was talking about going to with Carly). It was going to be a kind of street festival again, with a lot of booths and shops being open and a lot of street food and little Halloween-themed activities and decorations to go along with it. Apparently there were quite a few more light-oriented decorations that would be shown off, so that was interesting to the both of them to want to go.

They would've gone to the central park event that Jack had said Carly was bringing him to, but the issue with that one was that there was actually a little concert being held there - they'd learned pretty quickly that it would definitely be one of the busiest venues on Halloween night, so it was scrapped pretty early on. It was a bit of a shame too, since some of the food places that were listed for the night had looked really interesting, especially to Judai as he was a sucker for any specifically-themed foods for the holidays.

The only other place they were seriously considering at this point was the fair that they'd gone to on the docks before. They held a Halloween event on Halloween night where the entire place got decorated and littered with little activities and stuff, and there were a few discounts on getting into the grounds if you knew where to look (which, of course, Judai did with a few searches of the right keywords and had found coupons not only for tickets into the fairgrounds, but also on food and drinks, which was great). A lot of the rides would get lit up with special Halloween-themed colors all night instead of the usual rave-like ones, and throughout the night anyone and everyone would be able to basically trick-or-treat by collecting stamps from various booths across the park, where they'd be able to collect candy as well; plus all the shops would be open as well and it would be interesting to see if they got anything new in specifically for Halloween. It'd be busy, but not nearly as busy as that concert at the central park would be, so it wasn't crossed off the option list.

"I wouldn't mind either, to be honest," Yusei mumbled into his hair - it was early morning the next day and both of them had happened to be up but not ready to get up, so they'd decided to finally look and choose from their options to pass the time, "I guess it's a matter of what matters more to us, food or candy..."

"It kinda is, isn't it?" Judai mused, thinking about the two options and realizing that yes, it pretty much was a choice between food or candy - the park would let them get a lot of really good street food kinds of stuff while the fair would let them be able to trick-or-treat and get candy. Both of them had a lot of activities to do, and while sure the fair would seem to have the advantage thanks to all the rides, the park would just overall be more relaxing and laid-back a night.

They both stared at the laptop screen a little more before looking at each other with little smiles as they both decided on a place.

"Got yours?" Yusei hummed, shifting his arms around him to be a bit more comfortable.

"Yeah, and you?" Judai asked back, saying when Yusei nodded, "Alright, count of three, say where you wanna go - one, two three!"

"Fair."

"The fair!"

"Well, that settles it," Judai laughed, carefully moving the laptop off his lap and off to the side before turning around in place to hug Yusei back, "Glad we're in agreement."

"I honestly thought that we were going to have different choices," Yusei chuckled, leaning down to kiss the top of his head lightly, "Guess not."

"Well like I said before, great minds think alike, and what do we have? Great minds!" Judai grinned, soon after reaching for the blankets and sheets that'd fallen off of them as they moved, "Okay, back to sleep for a bit now. It's too early, it's cold, and you're warm and I wanna hug you longer."

"Now that's something I can also agree with."