🌹Chapter Forty - Six🌹

🌹R O S E🌹

🌹CHAPTER FORTY - SIX🌹

Stepping out of the car and onto fancy red carpet that leads into a large house, on front of it is something written in French but I can't read it, but I assume that it is the name of the house or place that we're in. Hundreds of paparazzi are snapping a photo of us and asking us questions, all at once.

The only thing that is keeping those paparazzi's at bay are the bodyguards, and a fence, though I believe the fence isn't doing that much. Alexander has is arm wrapped around mine and together we walk on the red carpet and into the building.

I smile and try to walk normally, since all those flashing light are blinding my eyes, I feel like I can't even see anymore. "Just trust me..." Alexander says to me, I think he said something more but I couldn't hear him and because of the noise of all the people, and therefore I couldn't understand what he wanted to tell me.

But I do trust him if that's what he was trying to say. We walk inside and this is so much more than I had expected. The ballroom is decorated with crystals and balloons. Wait are those real diamonds? "I knew you'd like it, my family gets a bit over the top with this" He tells me and I let out a giggle.

"This is way beyond over the top" I tell him, there are so many people here, yet the ballroom isn't even full. I don't know if this is all the people who will be here or if there are more, I still have to find my mom, she should be around here somewhere.

"Alexander, my darling, you look fabulous" A woman says, a man beside her. They are dressed in their finest things or what I think are their finest things, like everyone in this ballroom. He lets go of my hand and hugs the woman and kisses her cheeks. "Mother, father, good to see you" He answers and I gape at the three of them.

Those are his parents, no way. He then handshakes his father. "And who is this marvelously beautiful lady?" The woman asks and looks at me. I blush at her words. "Mother, father, this is Rose Ace. Rose, these are my parents, Mr. And Mrs. Knight" Alexander introduces us.

I'm feeling a bit nervous of meeting his parents. They are smiling at me. "I'm delighted to meet you, Mr. And Mrs. Knight" I say to them, they gape at me and I feel like I have done something wrong. "Oh, well. You two have fun" The woman only says and the two of them leave.

Was that weird or was that weird? I can't tell anymore what is strange and what is not. Then again, I'm in Paris on a ball, so strange thing can happen. Her husband, his father didn't even say a word to me or even to his son. "What was that all about?" I blurt out of me before I have the time to stop myself.

I really should not have said that, these were is parents for god's sake and people don't say things like that to their children. "Don't worry about" He says but there is something behind his voice that I can't exactly read what it is. We sit down by a table.

"The bid will begin in about ten minutes and I trust you know how a bid works" He says and I shake my head, I've heard about those bids but never have I actually learned what they are or even been at one. He sighs. "Well, then rules are very simple" He says.

"They bring out a valuable item out on the stage and the bid begins, the more money that the buyer gives the more money the charity will get. Every year the money that the charity gets is about fifty million dollars from these charity balls that myth family hosts" He says and I'm in awe of how much money that is.