🌹Chapter Nine🌹

🌹R O S E🌹

🌹CHAPTER NINE🌹

William seems like a nice guy. He loves showing himself off, like he keeps telling me stuff about himself and how great he is at everything. But other than that, he also does enjoy messing with Mr. Knight. Telling me embarrassing childhood stories.

I also figured out that this isn't a business dinner, rather two friends meeting and a secretary. I'm a bit mad at Mr. Knight for this, but I'm very good at concealing my feelings and I've decided that I'm going to kindly ask him about it in the car, and when I say kindly I'm going to yell at him.

The dinners ends with Mr. Knight paying because he invited both of us, and he insisted on it. We leave the restaurant and when we're in the parking lot, they handshake and hug like they did before. "Alexander, don't let this one go. I have a feeling that she's the one" William says. Mr. Knight doesn't answer him, only nods his head.

I don't understand what he means. He goes to his car and when I notice it, I gape at the car. It's a white Lamborghini, I've never seen one up close, only in movies. He drives off somewhere. I turn around to face Mr. Knight and I give him the most angriest glare I've ever done.

He just gets into the car and I follow behind him, though I know he saw that I'm angry at him. I don't know if he's afraid, but he should be. I can get pretty mean when I'm angry, which doesn't happen that often but when it happens, you better not be close to me.

"What was that?!" I ask, the anger clearly visible in my voice. "What, Ms. Ace?" He asks, a smirk plastered on his handsome face. Wait what? I can't believe that I thought that. Okay, I can't deny that he isn't handsome, because he is rather good-looking, but he's not my type.

"That wasn't a business dinner, you said the client was important when it wasn't even a client to begin with. What was the point of dragging me there when I had nothing to do in there!" I practically yell at him, I don't want to go to harsh on him because he is my boss and I really don't want to lose my job after one day of working for him.

I keep glaring at him. "I did this to save you from Damon Garder. He's known for leaving women crying after the first intimate night. Saved you tears and saved me time of dealing with your tears" He says with no emotion in his voice, and now he is back to being an idiot to me like he was at work. At least at dinner, I did see a side of him that he hides.

"Kind of like you do, right? If I learned one thing in this dinner is that you have your own fair share of heartbroken women" I snap at him. "And why would you care of I got my heart broken anyway?" I ask, I don't know why but I can't be angry at him for long, this man is seriously giving me a headache without the actually headache.

"I don't care. I just don't want to have to fire you because you can't work due to a broken heart" He says, for a small millisecond, I could hear something (else) than cruelness in his voice, it somehow sounded like he cares. "So you're just protecting me?" I ask, raising my eyebrow.

"Yes" He snaps at me. "How noble. I have a knight in shining armor that I never asked for. I don't need protecting and I especially don't need you to protect me" I say with sarcasm laced in my voice, at least on the first sentence. "Why do you do it?" He asks.

I give him a confused look, I'm really surprised of his question. "Why do I do what?" I ask, still not forgetting that I'm angry at him. I don't know why I'm so angry at him, perhaps because he lied to me. "You come from a rich family. Your mother is a successful business owner. You don't need to work, why do you do it?" He asks.