🌹Chapter Sixteen🌹

🌹R O S E🌹

🌹CHAPTER SIXTEEN🌹

Who in their right mind would ever subject that Mr. Knight and I are doing it? It's insanity. I'm too shocked to say anything at the moment. Why do people think that? Is it because of me or his history of women? Personally, I think it's the latter.

"Rose, you might want to say something. It kills me when you don't say anything" Lena says, I've been staring into nothingness, lost in my own mind to notice that she's worried about me. "I...uh..." I stammer, not sure what I can say. The things that she told me are things that I never expected her to say, or ever to be around.

People talking about it. It makes me feel uncomfortable and it does humiliate me. However, I better get used to people talking. When I have my own business company line, the paparazzi will be all over me. My mom has always kept me in the dark and away from the paparazzi, making sure that they never find anything about me.

I never grew up with cameras at my face, but I did grow up with a mother that tried to cover up all the cameras. "Well at least that is something" Lena jokes, though I don't think any of this as a joking matter. "Are you all right?" She asks. I sigh.

"Yeah, I guess I am. It's just hard to get used it, I suppose" I say. "And, it will be over soon, right? Rumors always go down after another one appears" I say, more like hoping and praying rather than saying. "Yeah, sure" Lena says, but it isn't very convincing.

.•🌹•..•🌹•..•🌹•.

Walking into the building is more nerve-wrecking than it ever has been. Knowing that people are talking badly about me, hurt even more. The people that I would smile at when I walk past them are saying horrible things to be behind my back.

Taking a deep breath, I walk past everyone. Now that I know what they are saying about me, I know why they are giving me stares and looking at me strangely. But, I can't let this affect my work day, I have work to do and I work for the boss, they don't.

My office feels more like a safe-zone at the moment, I don't have to have all of those stares at me when I walk past people, which are a lot. And it's making me crazy, I don't like them, however this is a practice for my own work life and my own company.

There will be people gossiping and talking badly about me, but the good side is that there will always be people that speak kindly about me and try to stop the horrible rumors. Though, those people will always be less than the other ones, but they will be there and that's all that matters.

As soon as I enter my office and sit down, my phone rings. "Mr. Knight's office, Rose speaking" I answer in the phone. "A woman by the name of Kitty wishes to speak with Mr. Knight. However, she doesn't have an appointment, should I sent her up?" The woman by the front desk in the lobby asks.

She along with some other guy are in the lobby, this month. I learned that most employees that are by the front desk quit rather frequently. I believe it's about crazy people calling or coming and threatening them. You'd be surprise how many people pass through security, only to be dragged out because of threats or something.

"I will speak to Mr. Knight about it, hold on for a second and I shall get back to you" I tell her, she agrees and I set on mute. Going over to Mr. Knight's office, I knock. "Enter" He calls out. I open the door. "Mr. Knight. A woman named Kitty wishes to have an audience with you. Shall she be sent up?" I ask him.