Chapter Forty-Seven

TRIS' P.O.V.

I was ready to go home and get a good night's sleep. So was Wendy. And surprisingly - and thankfully - we, along with Kara, Triso, and Wendow, managed to do so.

As much as he did not have the desire to, Pompus allowed the five of us to leave. He ordered two of his guards to lead us to the best spaceship for us to use.

"I hope to see you later. Especially you, Kara," Pompus said as we were exiting the throne room. I have a lot of reforming to get done."

To make a long story short - and a chapter even shorter - we got to take a large spaceship that would have plenty of room for not only us, but for Heather, Mackenzie, Sabrina, and our other classmates.

When we were all settled in, Kara volunteered to drive the ship, considering that she was the only person on board who knew how to operate it. She switched it on, and the craft started floating up.

"Wait!" we heard someone. "Wait for me!"

I peered through the glass and at the ground. The first thing, or in this case, person, that I noticed was Kara's older sister, Cassidy. She was waving her arms frantically and begging for us to stop.

"Kara," I said. "Your sister wants you."

Kara was taken aback by this. "Really? Well, okay."

I watched as she pushed a small, red button. The next thing that I knew, Cassidy was teleported onto the ship.

"Sis!" Cassidy wasted no time in embracing her younger sister in a hug. "I missed you so much. I thought that—"

Kara interrupted her. "I suppose that you want me to stay so that you and I can catch up."

Cassidy pulled away. "I most certainly do want us to catch up. However...I would like it if we could do it back on the human planet. Our true home."

"What is with all this 'our' stuff?" I heard a gasp coming from her. "You mean...?"

"I do, sis. I am going to live with you on the human planet."

"Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh! I...I would hug you right now, but I am driving at the moment."

"No problem. We will hug when we land on the human planet."

We soon left the base and flew into space, heading for home. We were excited for things to go back to normal, even Heather and Mackenzie. Nobody, not even Wendy or I, brought up about how Kara was still alive when she supposedly took herself. But as if Kara read our minds, she told us the whole story.

"I was in a severe state of depression because I was sick of being treated like Pompus' slave. So I did everything that would help me keep on going. First, I went to the planet populated with humans. Then, I made friends who are such blessings."

Wendy and I glanced at each other and smiled.

"Finally, I brought two lovely children into the world. My children. Call me stupid, but...I remained depressed. So one day, I decided to...you know. I had my compass, which is actually a secret device that detects who is an alien, in hand and stood on the edge of a bridge, preparing to end it all. Thank gosh that he stopped me."

"Who?" Wendy asked. "Who stopped you?"

"He said that his name is Caleb Night. He convinced me to rethink my decision and encouraged me to live my life to the fullest."