Chapter Twenty-Eight

TRIS' P.O.V.

All in all, the four of us had a fantastic time. There was not one game booth or food stand that we did not visit, and that was because of Wendow and Triso.

There was only one obstacle that Wendy and I had a problem with. That would be the Ferris wheel.

Neither of us did not have a desire to go on the Ferris wheel. But no matter how many times we told our alien friends that we were not fans of the Ferris wheel, our pleads only made them more eager to try it out.

Huh. I referred to them as our friends.

"Please? Pretty please?" Wendow and Triso begged at the same time. "We really want to ride it and will not go unless you are on it with us."

I opened my mouth to speak when Sabrina hurried over to us.

"There you guys are," Sabrina said. "It is a good thing that I found the Guests of Honor and their friends. I was wondering if you could do me a favor."

"Flavor?" Wendow said. "Mine is chocolate."

"Really? Mine is vanilla," Triso admitted.

"No. A favor. Could my Guests of Honor cut up some carrots for me? My chefs would, but...they all took the night off."

"And you cannot do it?" I pointed out.

"I would, but I am greeting the other guests. Plus, I need to finish getting some things ready. So you have to understand."

Before Wendy or I could reject her offer, Sabrina dashed off.

Wendow and Triso went into the kitchen of the mansion, and Wendy and I followed them. There was nothing on the counter but a couple of carrots lying on top of a cutting board and a knife. A sharp knife.

The aliens scurried up to the counter, and Wendow picked up the knife. Triso grabbed it as well.

"Ooh. What does this do?"

Suddenly, the knife slipped out of their grasps and fell...

...slicing Wendow's left hand and Triso's right hand in the process.