Chapter Thirty-Seven

——————————————————————————
Kara was in her older sister's private room. She was borrowing the computer without Cassidy's permission and typing on the keyboard, making random searches. Her elbow rested on the keyboard as she rested her head in her hand.

Out of nowhere, Cassidy came up to the computer and stood next to her younger sister. When she saw who was in her seat, she frowned.

"Sis. What are you doing on the computer?"

Kara already knew that her sister was next to her, so she did not even flinch. She yawned and began typing random letters in the search engine.

"Kara, did you hear me? Or are you ignoring me?" Cassidy demanded. It was a bit louder.

Kara did not say or do anything until ten seconds later. She removed her elbow from the keyboard and sat up straight. The bright screen made it crystal clear that she was tired. There were even bags under her eyes.

Without looking at Cassidy, she said, "Seriously? Do I really need to explain it again to you? That something is wrong?"

"I did not ask if there is anything wrong. I am wondering why you are on the computer and did not consult with me first."

"That is none of your business. However...if you want to know why I did not ask you if I could use the computer...it is because you would tell Pompus."

"That is Lord Pompus to you. Even though that you will be his wife, you will have to still refer to him as Lord Pompus. And other thing, I would never rat you out. I only inform him what you do to protect you. I am the older sister after all. One of my main duties is to keep you safe."

"Safe? You call imprisonment safe?"

"Kara, we have gone over this. You are not a prisoner."

"I might as well be! Lock me up and throw away the key."

Cassidy went behind the chair, rested her warm hands on Kara's shoulders, and massaged them. "Do not talk like that, sis. You need to think positive. Not everyone can have a roof over his or her head or folks in his or her life who truly love them."

"I know, I know. You have told me that over and over."

"You should be happy, Kara, that you are an alien and not a real worlder. Real worlders do not love one another. They also hate the poor and homeless."

"Yeah, yeah. I am fully aware. They are evil creatures." Kara scrambled out of the chair and glared at her sister. "Cassidy?"

"Yes?"

"I want to go to their planet."

Cassidy was surprised by this. "You mean...the planet that is home to the real worlders?"

"Yes. I desire to see what it is like."

As much as Kara was against it, she and Cassidy had to get permission from Pompus. If he accepted, they would go. If he rejected, they would forget the whole thing. And it was not much of a shock to Kara that Pompus refused to allow her and Cassidy to visit the planet.

That night, Kara was crushed. She did not know why, but she felt as if she had to go to that planet. Both Pompus and Cassidy ordered her to forget it and to never bring it up again. Thankfully, she did not listen.

When it was time for all the aliens, including Pompus, to sleep, Kara took this little opportunity to make a run for it. She packed up her belongings, put on her red dress, combed her short, blond hair, and made her way to the base where the ships were.

Seeing that she was the only alien leaving, she tried finding a small ship. She searched and searched and searched.

Aha! She found one!

Kara tiptoed to the ship. The bottom of it was pink and had white flowers. She did not have the key so that the window would flip back. So she did the only thing that she could think of.

She climbed to the top of the spaceship - and smashed the glass.

She was the young sister, but that did not mean that she could not pack a punch!

Red lights suddenly flashed all around, and a loud, beeping sound was heard.

"Dang it!" Kara said. "I set off the alarm!"

She quickly got inside the small spaceship and pressed a button. The ship floated off the ground. She pushed another button, and the spaceship took off.

And do not fret, dear readers. Even though that the glass had a hole, all aliens on Xeglona can breathe in space. Kara could not die in space.

You know how they say that it takes a long while to get from one planet to another? In the Forlot series, anything can happen. That is why it did not take Kara more than an hour to reach the human planet.

She landed safely and climbed out of the hole. She landed on her feet...

...and on a new planet.

"Wow. This is amazing!"

She was deep in the woods. It was morning, and the sky was purple.

"I had better leave my spaceship here. I do not need any of the so-called 'humans' calling me a freak."

She trudged and trudged through the muddy grass and soon was at the edge of the woods. Now in front of her was a town. A small town.

"Oh my gosh. Such beauty. I have to explore!"

She stuck her foot out before immediately pulling it back in.

"I cannot go out there. Not like this."

She thought for a moment - and shape-shifted into a human being with clothes on.

Kara examined herself and squealed with joy.

"Finally. I get to be normal for once. I get to make the rules. I get to be free! And most importantly, I hope that my alien relatives back on Xeglona consider me dead. 'Cause I am never returning."
——————————————————————————