Chapter Twenty-One

WENDY'S P.O.V.

Tris and I were escorting Wendow and Triso from the school building and off the school grounds. It had taken nearly fifteen minutes for the three of us, me, Tris, and the principal, to pry them off of him. When we finally succeeded in doing so, no longer was our principal angry with them.

He was furious!

I was thankful that he did not blame me and Tris, especially me, for Wendow's and Triso's behaviors. We are not responsible for their actions. Heck, we were as ticked as our principal!

"I cannot believe that guy expelled us," Wendow stated. "What does he know?"

"He knows a ton," Tris informed her. "That is why he is the principal of this school."

"So he is an assumption now?" Triso questioned. "I thought that he was a male being."

When she said this, I rubbed one of my temples with two fingers. I knew that they were aliens and all, but boy, were they acting dumb. And they were supposed to have knowledge about most, if not all, of the life here.

Then again, they hatched just yesterday. What do I know?

"That is the word 'principle,'" Triso explained to the aliens. "The word 'principal' means to have high authority over almost everyone else."

"Ah," Wendow said. "So it is a verb."

"It is a noun. Not a verb."

Too late. Wendow and Triso were convinced otherwise.

"Our home planet principals loads of people," Triso said.

Wendow nodded in agreement. "But not us. That is why we are here. To act like civilized beings and blend into your environment."

"Good luck with that," I told them. "The things that you guys caused did anything but make you blend in."

"Even though that I do not care for Wendy, she is right," Tris admitted. "Keep up with your antics, and the two of you will be on the news. You will receive some much attention that someone, anyone, could find out the truth. That you are aliens."

Triso flipped back some of her hair. "Pfft! That will never happen. Nobody cared for us back home. Why would anybody care for us here? Except you two, of course."

"There are evil people on our planet," I explained to them in detail. "People who would love to murder you or keep you in cages. Or...do unspeakable things to you."

"Look, Wendy and Tris..." Wendow started. "...my sister and I know that you mean well. We appreciate you looking out for us."

"But we can look out for ourselves," Triso continued. "We are not dumb. We have the intelligence of the animal that lives with you on your planet."

I motioned for her to continue. "And that would be...?"

"The turkey! And what an honor. They are incredibly smart."

We stopped in front of the double doors that lead to the outside world.

"I think that you two should go to the library and do some research," Tris suggested. "Lots of research."

"Better yet, go to our house and read the books that Tris owns," I said. "And do not worry if those real books are a snore. They are supposed to be."

Wendow looked up at us. "What the crub are these...books?"

"Why are we going outside?" Triso asked. "Ooh! Are we going to play Who Can Eat the Most Bugs?"

"No," I denied. "And ew."

Tris pushed open one of the doors and held it open. "You are leaving this school."

Triso's face saddened. "Why? Did we do something wrong?"

"Yep. You shaved some of a man's hair off and almost his head," I reminded them.

"And that is wrong?" Wendow questioned. "We do that on our home planet all the time. We were taught that if someone were to interrogate us, we had to shave both their hair and head off."

"Our planet does not have the same rules as your planet does," Tris stated. "You are supposed to help other people. Not try to murder them!"

Wendow clicked her tongue and slowly shook her head. "Man, you humans have it backwards."

"Yeah. Helping others is illegal on our turf," Triso added.

Huh. That explains a lot.

Tris and I were about to force the aliens out when we heard sounds coming from the gym.

"What is that?" Tris asked me.

I shrugged and leaned back to get a good view of the gym.

The lights were on in the gym, and there were boys and girls playing with balls. The boys were on one side, and the girls were on the other. The coach was on the sidelines and watching the students playing the game.

Tris and the aliens hurried to where I was and stared at the sight. The game was not amazing or anything like that. Well, for me and Tris.

"Ooh!" Wendow and Triso said at the same time. "What is that?"

I do not know why I told them, but I did. "The students are playing dodgeball."

"Dodgeball? What is that?" Triso wondered.

"It is a game where you have to dodge the balls that people from the other side throw. If a ball hits you, you are out."

Wendow and Triso looked at each other. Their eyes sparkled.

"I am going to play dodgeball!" Wendow declared with excitement.

"No! You cannot!" Tris protested. "You and your sister are expelled!"

They did not listen to her and ran into the gym. They went on the boys' side, scooped up balls that were lying around them, and started throwing the balls at the girls.

And when I mean throwing, I mean throwing unnaturally.

One of their balls hit a girl's stomach. Another hit a girl's eye. Both of those girls cried and had to be taken to the nurse's office.

As if things could not get worse and crazier...

Two of their balls escaped the gym and into the hall, and Tris and I had the "pleasure" of seeing our principal get hit by them.