Harmony Part 5

The sound of music rose up and ten elders opened up the way, while the sixteen porters lifted the big blue sedan chair and started going down the peak

The sound of music rose up and ten elders opened up the way, while the sixteen porters lifted the big blue sedan chair and started going down the peak. They were followed by the group of horn players and drum players. At the end of the line was the sect people from the different halls. They went down the peak in a line.

Chongxu and Fangzheng looked at Linghu Chong and both thought, "Why did Chief Ren change his mind? Only you know his reasons." They couldn't gather anything from looking at Linghu Chong, but he seemed to be happy and also a little sad. After they heard the Sun Moon Sect walking down for a while and the music sound had ceased, the cries of 'Long Live the Chief, Unify the Jianghu' had also stopped. With bluffs and bluster they came, and now everything was quiet.

Chongxu couldn't hold back any longer and he asked, "Brother Linghu, Chief Ren suddenly became generous, this must be because of your enormous reputation. I'm not sure... not sure..." He wanted to ask 'I'm not sure what you said', but he thought that if Linghu Chong was willing to say it then he'd of course tell them. But if he didn't want to say it, then asking too much would be inappropriate. That's why after saying 'not sure', he stopped himself.

"Please forgive me seniors," Linghu Chong replied. "Junior has promised Chief Ren. The reason for this is unsuitable to be let out for the moment, but there's no big secrets among the reasons. Seniors will know of the reasons yourself in days gone by."

  Fangzheng laughed aloud and replied, "A big disaster has disappeared, this is really the good fortune of Wulin

Fangzheng laughed aloud and replied, "A big disaster has disappeared, this is really the good fortune of Wulin. Looking at Chief Ren today, he doesn't have any enmity towards our orhodox sects and schools and has changed his murderous way. This is very encouraging and a happy moment."

Not knowing the reason made Chongxu's heart itched. Hearing what Fangzheng said, he also felt that it was reasonable. "I'm not being overly anxious, but Sun Moon Sect is very sly and crafty. We should still be very careful. Maybe Chief Ren found out that we're prepared and he's afraid of being blown up, so he pretended to be nice today. Then when we're not on our guard, he'd do a sneak attack. According to the two of you, can this happen?"

"This... person is hard to predict," Fangzheng hesitated. "We must be on our guard."

Linghu Chong shook his head. "No, it won't happen."

"Headmaster Linghu firmly believes this won't happen, that's very good then," Chongxu said, but he was actually thinking otherwise in his heart.

After some time, reports from below the mountain came. The Sun Moon Sect party had gone past the waist of the mountain, and the people guarding the road didn't receive the signal so they didn't fight or explode the landmines. Chongxu ordered someone to inform Qingxu, Chenggao, and the people responsible for the nine dragons chair and the landmines to cut the fuses.

Linghu Chong asked Fangzheng and Chongxu to enter Wuse Convent and rest inside Guanyin Hall. Fangzheng perused the sanskrit 'Jingang Manuscript'. Chongxu touched the 'Zhen Wu Sword' and studied the 'Taiji Manuscript', his joy was undescribably and gradually all his doubts and worries were forgotten.

All of a sudden, someone from underneath the offering table said, "Ah, Yingying, it's you!"

Another person said, "Brother Chong, You... you... you..." They were the voices of the Peach Valley Six Fairies.

Linghu Chong gasped in surprise and jumped up from his chair.