Energy Streams Part 1

[In a state of wooziness, Linghu Chong felt agitating pain from his chest, and his blood seemed to have gone in every direction, it was such an undesirable discomfort. After a long while, he gradually gained back his consciousness. His body seemed to have been roasted in a huge oven. He could not help groaning. Then he heard someone saying, "Be quiet."]

Linghu Chong peeked inside the hall

Linghu Chong peeked inside the hall. A tall, thin old man sat at the guest of honor seat. He was holding the Command Flag of the Five Mountains Sword Alliance in his right hand; it was none other than "Crane Hands" Lu Bai from the Songshan School. A middle-aged Taoist Priest and an old man in his fifties sat next to him. Their clothing suggested that one belonged to the Taishan School and the other one the Hengshan School. Next to them sat three more people all in their fifties or sixties and each had a Huashan School style long sword hanging by his waist. The first one had a yellowish face with a stern look. He was probably the Feng Buping that Lou Dayou had mentioned earlier. Master and Master-Wife sat at the host seats in accompany. Tea and light refreshments occupied most of the tabletop.

"Brother Yue," the old man from the Hengshan School said, "we outsiders really shouldn't interfere with the internal affairs of your respectful school. However, because our five sword schools have joined the alliance to share both honor and disgrace, if one school didn't handle things well and became the laughing stock of fellow martial people, the other four schools would be disgraced as well. Earlier, Madam Yue said that the three schools, Songshan, Taishan, and Hengshan should only mind their own business. I think that was inaccurate." His two eyes were almost completely yellow as if he had a yellow fever.

"They are still in the middle of the dispute. Master hasn't given up and stepped down from his post yet." Linghu Chong felt some relief.

"Apprentice brother Lu, it sounds like you are determined that our Huashan School is not handling things properly and that has implicated your respectful school's reputation, aren't you?" Madam Yue asked.

The old man Lu from the Hengshan School sneered. "I've long heard that Heroine Ning is the backstage Head Master of the Huashan School. I didn't want to believe it before, but after having the pleasure to meet you today, I have to agree that it is really a well-deserved reputation."

"Apprentice brother Lu, you've come here to Mount Huashan as a guest. I don't want to offend you because that would be an inappropriate way to treat a guest. Who would have expected such absurd nonsense from a famous master of the Hengshan School? When I see Great Mr. Mo next time, I'm sure I will discuss about this with him," Madam Yue rebuffed angrily.

"Madam Yue, so you are holding off your offense only because I am a guest here, and if this wasn't Mount Huashan, you would have slashed your sword toward my head, wouldn't you?" the old man Lu said with a sneer.