CHAPTER 30 [EDITED]

5132

Sage was a hellhound.

An insane and cruel one.

That I was sure of but if what Mikhail was saying turned out to be true...

"How can you be so sure?" I asked for further explanation. But he was still glaring at Sage who looked deep in thought. I couldn't wait to know what Sage had in his mind. If we knew what Sage was after, the faster we could kill him.

"I can feel it, Lana. I'm also a Seeker, remember?" Mikhail sneered, rubbing his temple out of habit.

"Offspring of a demon and a witch." Suddenly a memory from not so long made me say the next words. Hannah. Shit, who knew how she was? "Sage's parents didn't even realize what they were creating."

A hand touching my shoulder suddenly snapped me from the wandering thoughts. Glancing up, I saw confusion swirling in his eyes. "What are you talking about? You just said something about a demon and a witch."

"That's the process of born into a Seeker." He gave me a blank stare in return. "God! Do I need to spell it out to you? You are one of them. Of course, your father had to be a demon."

Disgust filled his whole feature making me more confused. "Lana, never, I mean ever tell me that my father is one of them. My father is a human. He fell in love with my mother, a witch. They married and here I am. I refuse to believe anything else."

Oh, God...

He didn't know.

"Mikhail- I-I talked to a Volkios. Simply a human-" I stopped, seeing the cold look return to his face but I had to tell him. He deserved to know everything. "A human wouldn't be able to create a Seeker. I-I am sorry."

"Don't be." He laughed bitterly looking through the window. "Seems like today is the day to bomb me with surprises. Do I need to know anything else? Are you even real or are you just a fragment of my mind?"

"It's not like that-"

"We need to do this tonight. Today is blood moon and this opportunity will never come if we fail this time." Sage's voice filled the place along with the other men agreeing with him.

"But what about Keisha? We could bring her to our side. She did listen to us once. Knowing her, she'll do anything to survive." Sage snorted loudly at the man's suggestion.

I wanted to rip that face with my own bare hand.

Right about now.

"No! Listen, he wants you to get angry. Don't give in to what he wants." Mikhail blocked me the last moment by wrapping his arms around mine but it was getting difficult to control my anger. He was planning to kill me. To kill all of us.

"Let me go, Mikhail!" I hissed, elbowing him. "Let me go to that bastard. He won't even have a limb to lay hands on anyone. Just this once!"

"Listen to yourself!" He pinched my chin harder as if to make a point. "What do you think would happen if you go now? Do you think he's going to just pat you on the back and let you leave? No! He'll kill you! And like hell I'll watch that."

That made me stop.

"Then, let's just go and wish they wouldn't notice," I whispered monotone before walking inside together. The room was divided in half by a partition but everything could be heard perfectly from here. I looked around, tapping my fingers nervously.

"Careful there." He warned gripping my wrist tightly to stop me from breaking the door.

"I can't help it."