Agape (teaser)

PLEASE take time to read my notes at the bottom of this teaser. Thank you so much!

Izuku

We just heard the first ring for the morning break after our class with Present Mic. I was asked to distribute the hand outs Present Mic outlined and printed about the grammar lessons we had today. His reason was for us to comprehend deeper on our own. He said it's not that he thinks we won't fully grasp it, he just wants it to be really clear for us and make sure that our class will pass the exam with flying colors. The lesson he conducted was truly comprehensive, he didn't stop explaining and making us answer drills until 95% of the class was able to get passing marks on each oral and writing activities. Present Mic really is a passionate teacher of the language just as All Might is on his hero duties.

On the one hand, Kacchan is still giving me the silent treatment, but once in a while, I can catch him making sideway glances. That will do for now, I guess.

I let out a nervous chuckle, just in time to give the last print out to Todoroki-kun. He took it, his elegant fingers brushing onto mine longer than it should be.

I flashed him a smile and started for my seat.

"Midoriya."

I turned around just as he was standing up from his seat. "Let's talk somewhere private."

Whelp. That's very direct.

The whole class probably heard that but didn't give a sign.

I followed Todoroki-kun as he head out of the classroom, but not long before I heard our classmates complaining about burning wood. I closed the door behind me slowly.

I don't know what is Todoroki-kun's preference of "privacy", but I can tell we are heading towards the direction of the changing rooms.

After just a few minutes, we stopped by the changing rooms, proving my intuition. He turned around to face me, clutching something on both of his hands.

I waited patiently.

"Midoriya."

I flashed him a little smile. "What is it, Todoroki-kun?"

"Can I call you by your first name?", he looked...a bit shy? It was really adorable.

"Sure, Todoroki-kun!", I nodded quite vigorously.

"I-zu-ku." He spoke it very carefully, with tiny pauses on each syllable. Like a child learning a new word and weighing the sound of it.

"Izuku", he spoke it comfortably this time. I grinned.

He handed me the object he was holding and looked anywhere but me. It was a photograph in black and white. I stared at it, a little allured by the beauty the photo has captured.

On the picture is a beautiful lady smiling widely while hugging a little kid who is grinning from ear to ear. It took me a moment to realize that it was Todoroki-kun. I stared at the picture of young Todoroki-kun and his mom for a few more beats. Their smiles could definitely give kaleidoscope of colors on the entire black and white picture.

I smiled and immediately found my admiration for him growing fonder deep in my heart.

"Izuku?"

I immediately glanced up, getting pulled out of my muse.

Todoroki-kun then let out a clumsy attempt of a chuckle, probably by seeing the plastered smile on my face.

"You can tell me anything, Todoroki-kun."

Finding more interest on our shoes, he avoided my eyes.

"D-Do I make you..uncomfortable? W-Wait, I don't mean uncomfortable like really uncomfortable or something. You are amazing, Todoroki-kun, and I will never be able to be of your equal. I am not getting over-confident too or anything but I don't want to make you feel any negative feelings and emotions--", my mindless rambling was cut off by something I never have expected coming out of his mouth.

"Izuku, please make your weekend free." HUH??

I might have stared at him slack-jawed making him smile faintly.

"I am going to spend the Saturday on my mom's place and I want you to come with me. So, make yourself available this weekend, Izuku."

I was really taken aback by this that I didn't feel his hands on mine. Until I just heard him uttered, "Also, I want you to keep that picture." With that he left me rooted there.

~~~~~~~~

Okay guys. First of all, I am VERY VERY Sorry for not updating this story for a friggin year!!! I will enumerate my reasons:

1) Like I said before, I was finishing college and was very busy

2) my damn phone broke for real this time (my drafts are there so I dunno if this update would weigh equal to that one)

3) while my dem phone broke, I wrote down notes, some on a notebook and few on individual papers; out of it, the ones on individual papers are the only left pieces in my hands.. you might be wondering, well, my 9-year old sister ripped the pages off that notebook!

I hope you understand. Thank you!

P.S I am very aware that this teaser could not erase the long wait you gave this story (if you did) but I am trying my best to make it worth read still.