Reality

"It's no bad dream. But you also have to consider what's realistic."

Izuku

I woke up in Kacchan's bed a little too early than usual. It's just a bit past three in the morning. I slowly got out of bed, not wanting to wake him up.

He seems to be having a very peaceful sleep. It was a treasure to behold to be able to see his sleeping face. Young, calm and carefree like a child oblivious of the world.

Watching his chest slowly rise and fall, I felt an urge to just stare at his sleeping figure.

I knelt beside the bed and ever so gently rested my chin on the soft mattress just watching him sleep.

I was lost. And obviously lost track of the time. I glanced at his alarm clock and decided to do my morning jog since it is already 4:15 am.

I got out of the house and followed my usual morning route.

Stopping by the shore, I took deep breaths. Cool breeze sent refreshing air to my lungs.

I made sets of jumping jacks, push ups and curl ups, unconsciously trying to exhaust my body to surpass the emotional exhaustion I've been having lately.

I stopped and watched the sun rose over the water. The scene was breathtakingly beautiful.

I stared off into the distance.

For a brief moment, I closed my eyes and I could feel giant masses pushing against my chest, making me let out labored breaths.

I opened my eyes. Upon looking down the grains of sands under my feet, I felt myself give in. I knelt down. Painful wracking sobs escaped my lips.

This is just too exhausting.

I let myself break down, oblivious of my surrounding.

I thought of what All Might said when we first met. At that time, I really thought, being a hero is the most ridiculous dream for a Quirkless like me.. But my number one hero proved that wrong by making me his protégé and honing me to be his successor.

This time, I know I again have a dream.

However, right this moment, right this minute, I know it is more way unrealistic than dreaming of becoming a hero.

I hastily wiped the tears away and stood up. I walked back to Kacchan's house. I planned to make egg rolls but it left my mind as soon as I spot Kacchan working around the kitchen like the pro he is.

I mumbled a low "Good morning" and he just responded with a huff.

I got a bottle of cold water from their fridge and gulped it down. I threw the plastic bottle and head to take a shower.

I took my time under the warm sprinkles of water.

They washed away the strains of my body, but not the ones lurking in my heart and soul.

I feel a knot in my stomach.

Dreams, huh?

"At least I can become a hero now and that's something to celebrate," I said halfheartedly.

Yes, it is something to celebrate each day.

But why am I feeling..

..incomplete?

Idk but I felt so much angst while typing this part. Like my fingers got lives of their own and won't stop pushing the keys. I know this is too short but, this is actually a premonition/warning on the angst that I might put in the next chapturrI feel like I have to put some spice in this work and I'll say SORRY in advance.
xoxo