The Night Before

"Yes! That'd be great. They could help each other and take turns with the chores. Thank you for informing. Yes, yes. Goodbye!", I heard mom talking on the phone. I don't know who she was talking to. And I don't have plans to know. We are very close but we don't neglect each other's privacy. Yes, we live under the same roof and I am from her womb but there are things better left unsaid. Nothing will ever change the fact that I am Midoriya Inko's only son.

Mom put down the phone and sat beside me on the dining table.
"What's for dinner, my dear Izuku?" I grinned at her before answering.
"I cooked curry and omelette fried rice." She clapped her hands with enthusiasm and started to eat.

After eating, I told mom to not mind the dishes and I'll take care of it.
"Thank you, Izuku. I'll just pack my things and take an early sleep. I'm also bit tired. Maybe, I really need it after all." She giggled a bit. Hearing mom's giggle is one of the precious things to me.

She kissed me on the cheek goodnight.

"Oyasumi!" I said and she answered with a smile. "Oyasumi, Izuku."

I hummed to myself while washing and drying the dishes.

I went outside for a walk to the playground. I sat on the swing and stared at the stars.

"I wonder what he's doing now." I muttered to myself.