Ninth Night: Emotions

Katsuki

I sat and consumed the bacon strips and scrambled eggs I made for breakfast.

The nerd soon joined me without saying anything. I didn't bother starting a conversation. The hell I would!

My phone then started ringing. I answered the call.

Me: Zup, old hag?
Mom: You punk. We are nearly done with business here. You still have money?
Me: What the fuck! Of course. Besides, I didn't really use your damn credit card, hag.
Mom: You little punk. Just wait and I'll fucking kick your ass!! We'll be home after a day or two.
Me: I am fucking more than ready. You can even surprise me tonight, geezer!!!

I abruptly ended the call and caught Deku staring at me.

"What the fuck is your problem, fuck face!??"

"Nothing." He plainly said before standing and clearing his plate.

"Tch. Shitty nerd."

Izuku

I guess, it's really time to end this unrealistic dream.

I sighed as I took a seat behind Kacchan in class. I stared out of the window. I was spacing out when someone tapped my shoulder.

"Midoriya?"

"Todoroki-kun, what is it?"

"How are you? Do you still have colds?"

"No need to worry now, Todoroki-kun! I'm at least better than yesterday." I enthused.

"That's good to hear."

"Deku-kun!! I'm glad you're fine now!" Uraraka-san practically bounced up and down.

"It's good now that you're back, Midoriya-kun." Iida added.

"Thank you guys but I'm just out for a day." I scratched my neck.

"A single day or a week doesn't have much difference, Midoriya-kun." Tsuyu-san said matter-of-factly.

"Yes, Tsuyu-chan is right. We're glad you're well now, Midoriya-kun!" Yaoyorozu-san said while smiling widely.

I let out a soft chuckle.

"I actually made sure to see Recovery Girl before heading to class. She was happy to see and treat me. It's all thanks to her that I don't have colds anymore." I grinned at them.

We were interrupted by the ringing of the bell. Everyone took their respective seats and waited for Aizawa-sensei to arrive.

Less than a minute, if I'm not mistaken, he arrived and started giving out papers for the pop quiz. Hopefully, I don't fail this.

And I didn't.

I passed it with a 43/50 score.

As usual, our vice president, Yaoyorozu-san topped. She was followed by Iida-kun. Kacchan was third while Todoroki-kun and I tied for the fourth rank.

The bell rang and we had our break time.

In literature, with Present Mic as our teacher, we were tasked to analyze the short mystery story In a Grove which was written by the father of Japanese short stories, Akutagawa Ryūnosuke-sensei.

I went to All Might's office to have lunch with him. We talked to catch up on each other. There were really not much interesting things that happened yesterday so I took my leave 15 minutes before lunch break was over.

I was lost in my thoughts while climbing the stairs to the rooftop.

I opened the door and was welcomed by strong gusts of the wind.