CXIII. (113) Everybody Hurts

[Death's Door]

"Bobby?" Sam asked. "Bobby? Hey, hey, hey, hey. Hold on."

"Sam, is he dead?" Dean questioned. "Nate? Holly?"

"I'm checking." He felt for a pulse and noticed Holly's chest heaving. "Nate, calm her down right now." Nate nodded.

"Is he dead?!"

"Just drive, Dean! Bobby!"

"You gotta talk to me, guys!"

Sam nodded. "Alright, he's breathing. There's a pulse."

Dean punched numbers on his phone. "Keep him upright. Stop the bleeding."

"I'm not an idiot, Dean! I know first aid for a friggin' bullet to the head!" He noticed Nate wincing. "Hey, man, you okay?"

Nate nodded, trying to calm Holly down, as her panic was getting worse.

Dean said into the phone, "I need the nearest trauma center."

"Hold on. Hold on." Sam repeated.

"What's the address?!" Dean hung up. "Alright, Bobby, hang in there."

Dean accelerated and the vehicle skidded. "Dean, Nate got shot, too. Just his leg, but it's a mess."

"Holly okay?"

"Not really, no. She's freaking out, and we can't calm her down."

Dean closed his eyes a moment. He'd calm her down in time; after getting to the hospital.

"Bobby! Just hold on!" Sam cried.

"I guess we found Phil." Holly said.

"Well, I guess we found Phil." Dean repeated.

Bobby frowned. "Wait a minute. Something's not right here."

Dean scoffed lightly. "Yeah, no kidding, Bobby. There's a corpse in a tree."

"Something bad's about to happen."

Nate nodded slowly. "I mean, danger is on our W2. That's kind of why we have the guns."

Blood dripped onto Bobby's hand and he put his fingers to his head. As soon as he pulled his fingers back to look, he saw blood. "Or something bad's already happened."

They entered the old house. Bobby removed his cap and touched his head. "Balls."

Sam looked at Bobby. "Y-you want to tell us what's going on?"

Dean nodded. "Yeah, what's going on with your head?"

"I got shot in it!" Bobby exclaimed.

"You what?" Holly asked, tilting her head.

"Bobby, we've been with you all day." Sam said.

Dean nodded once again. "Yeah, I think we would have noticed if you took a bullet."

Bobby shook his head. "I didn't take one here. I-I took one out there, i-i-in the real world."

Nate glanced between the siblings. "You've lost us."

Holly gestured to a chair. "Bobby, you, uh, you want to sit down?"

"No, there's something I gotta tell you." Bobby answered. "I-I...Dammit, I can't get at it."

Sam looked at him. "Well, it--it's okay, take your time. We're--we're right here."