XVII. Fire of Unknown Origin (Part II)

They made their way back to the music store and saw Craig behind the counter with a depressed look on his face.

Dean smiled sarcastically. "Hey, Craig? Remember us?"

Craig looked up at the siblings. "Guys, look. I'm not really in the mood to answer any of your questions, okay?"

"Oh, don't worry. We're just here to buy an album. That's all."

Dean and Holly searched through the albums and Dean picked one up. As they approached the counter, Dean said to Sam, "You know, Holly and I couldn't figure out what that symbol was, and then we realized that it doesn't mean anything. It's the logo for Blue Oyster Cult."

Holly turned to Craig. "So, tell me, Craig. Are you into BOC, or do you just enjoy scaring the hell out of people? Better yet, tell us about that house...without lying through your teeth this time."

Craig avoided Holly's intense stare as he sighed. "Alright. Um, my cousin Dana was on break from TCU. I guess we were just bored, looking for something to do. So I showed her this abandoned dump I found. We though it would be funny if we made it look like it was haunted. So we painted symbols on the wall, some from albums, some from Dana's theology textbooks. Then we found out this guy, Murdock, used to live there, so...we made up some story to go along with that. So they told people who told other people. And then these two guys put it on their stupid website. Everything just took on a life of its own. I mean, I thought it was funny at first, but...that girl's dead! It was just a joke you know. I mean, none of it was real. We just made the whole thing up. I swear!"

In a soft tone, Sam replied, "Alright."

The siblings turned to leave and Dean glanced to his siblings. "If none of it was real, then how the hell do you explain Mordechai?"

When they got back to the motel, Holly took a shower first and when she got out, she couldn't find her clothes. "Sam! Dean! Where the hell are my clothes?!"

Sam said, "That's what you get! Be nice, Holly!"

"Give me my damn clothes, Samuel!"

Clothes were thrown in and she got dressed. As soon as she stepped into the main room, she kicked Sam's shin and he glared at her before walking into the bathroom.

About ten minutes after Sam's shower had started, Dean entered and walked over to Sam's bed. Holly looked up from her drawing and frowned. Dean smirked and held up the itching powder.

"Hey, I'm back." Dean called.

Sam's voice rang out. "Hey, where were you?"

"Oh, I went out."

Dean picked up Sam's underwear from the bed and shook the contents of the package onto it.

"So I think I might have a theory about what's going on." Sam said.

"Oh yeah?" Dean asked.

"What if Mordechai is a Tulpa?"

"Tulpa?" Holly questioned.

Sam appeared from the bathroom and nodded. "Yeah. A Tibetan thought form."

Dean and Holly swung around as he said, "Ahh, yeah, we know what a Tulpa is. Hey; why don't you get dressed. I wanna go grab something to eat."

Dean walked into the bathroom and smiled at Sam before closing the door. Sam picked up his underwear and looked at his sister. "Why do you have your devious smirk?"

"I'm imagining food. And how I'm gonna get back at you."

Once Dean was set, they made their way to a restaurant and a server walked up to them. "There you go, gents, lady."