XXII. Bad Moon Rising (Part I)

[Devil's Trap]

Dean hung up his phone and said, "They've got Dad."

"Meg?" Sam asked, causing Dean to nod. "What'd she say?"

"I just told you, Sammy." Dean retorted, taking a moment to calm down. "Okay. Okay."

Dean grabbed the Colt and tucked it into the back of his jeans. Sam frowned. "What are you doing, Dean?"

Dean picked up his duffle bag. "We got to go."

Holly furrowed her brow. "Why?"

As Dean put on his jacket, he turned to her. "Because the demon knows we're in Salvation, alright? It knows we got the Colt. It's got Dad--it's probably coming for us next."

Sam nodded sharply. "Good. We've still got three bullets left. Let it come."

"Listen, tough guy. We're not ready, okay? We don't know how many of them are out there. Now, we're no good to anybody dead. We're leaving...now!"

They got into the Impala and Dean sped down the road and it took a turn sideways. Sam glanced at his brother. "I'm telling you, Dean, Holly, we could have taken him."

"What we need is a plan." Dean answered. "Now, they're probably keeping Dad alive, we just gotta figure out where. They're gonna wanna trade him for the gun." Sam shook his head and Dean glanced at his brother. "What?"

Sam frowned. "Dean, if that were true, why didn't Meg mention a trade? Dad, he might be..."

Holly held her hands over her ears and cried, "No!"

At the same time, Dean yelled, "Don't!"

Sam sighed. "Look, I don't want to believe it any more than you two. But if he is, all the more reason to kill this damn thing. We still have the Colt. We can still finish the job."

"Screw the job, Sam!"

"Dean, I'm just trying to do what he would want. He would want us to keep going."

Dean's voice took on an angry tone. "Quit talking about him like he's dead already. Listen to me. Everything stops until we get him back. You understand me? Everything."

Sam took a moment to think and asked, "So how do we find him?"

Holly shrugged and said in an irritated tone, "Lincoln's probably our best bet. Start at the warehouse where he was taken."

Sam frowned at her. "Come on, Holly, you really think these demons are going to leave a trail?"

Holly sighed. "Yeah, maybe we do need help."

Dean drove through the night, and they reached Bobby's the next day.

Holly looked around to see that it was as she remembered. Junk cars were everywhere, and hubcaps were nailed to the side of the house. There was a large dog chained to a post, and he was laying on the hood of an old tow truck.

They walked inside and there were books stacked everywhere. Holly resisted the urge to neaten the place up.

Bobby picked up two round silver flasks with engraved crosses and handed one to Dean. Sam was sitting at an incredibly colored desk and was reading a large book.

"Here you go." Bobby said.

Dean frowed. "What is this--holy water?"

"That one is." Bobby said, holding out the other flash. "This is whiskey."

Bobby took a swig of whiskey and handed it to Dean, who also took a swig. He noticed a hopeful look on his sister's face and shook his head. "Not a chance, Holly."