LXV. Baba O'Riley (Part I)

[I Know What You Did Last Summer]

Holly stood watching Sam play pool. He was acting drunk, amusing Holly even more.

Sam said to a man from the bar, "Brian, come on, man, just one more. Just--just give me a chance to win it back."

"It's your cash." Brian said.

"Excuse me. My brother's a little sauced to be making bets." Dean apologized.

"He insisted."

"Yeah, but you've already taken, what, two bills off him? I'm just saying."

"Hey, shut up, Dean. I'm fine." Sam protested.

"No, you're not fine. You're drunk!"

"Let's make it five hundred."

"Five hundred?" Holly asked as her eyes widened.

Brian nodded "Sure." Sam put the money on the pool table. "Five hundred. Your break."

As Brian looked down, Sam raised his eyebrows at his siblings, all trace of drunkenness gone. Holly and Dean raised their eyebrows as Sam broke and sank several balls before something caught his eye.

"Keep the money." Sam said, putting his cue down on the pool table and walking off.

Dean frowned. "Keep the money? What--"

The two of them followed their brother and Holly felt a smack on her butt. She instantly whipped around and grabbed the guy's arm, twisting it. "Try that again and I'll break it."

She joined her brothers and frowned seeing Ruby. "Well, well, well. If it isn't the bitch herself."

Ruby shot her a look. "I just have some info, and then I'm gone."

"What is it?" Sam asked.

"I'm hearing a few whispers."

Dean glanced at Holly. "Ooh, great, demon whispers--that's reliable."

Ruby frowned. "Girl named Anna Milton escaped from a locked ward yesterday. The demons seem pretty keen on finding her. Apparently some real heavy hitters turned out for the Easter-egg hunt."

Holly turned to her. "Who is she? Why is she important?"

"No idea. But I'm thinking that she's important, cause the order is to capture her alive. I just figured that whatever the deal is, you might want to find this girl before the demons do."

Sam glanced to Dean. "Look, maybe we should check it out."

Dean shot her a smug look. "Actually, we're working a case, but thanks."

"What case?" Ruby asked.

Holly licked her lips. "Um, we've got leads. Big ones."

"Sounds dangerous." Ruby answered sarcastically.

Dean didn't look at her as he said, "Yeah, well, it sure ain't goose-chasing after some chick who, for all we know, doesn't even exist, just because you say she's important."

"I'm just delivering the news. You can do whatever you want with it. Far as I'm concerned, I told you, I'm done."

"Wait, wait, wait." Sam said, stopping her. "This hospital Anna escaped from--it got a name?"

That night, Dean drove down the road and Sam spoke on the phone. "Can I get a copy of the missing person's report? Great. Okay. Thanks. He hung up. "Well, Anna Milton's definitely real."