XI. 2,000 Light Years From Home (Part II)

They made their way to Missouri's house and the siblings sat on the couch to wait.

A tall-ish dark woman escorted a man out of the house. "Alright, there. Don't you worry 'bout a thing. Your wife is crazy about you." The man thanked her and she closed the door. "Whew. Poor bastard. His woman is cold-bangin' the gardener."

Dean frowned. "Why didn't you tell him?"

Missouri looked at Dean. "People don't come here for the truth. They come for good news." The trio stared at her. "Well? Sam, Holly, and Dean, come on already. I ain't got all day." She left the room and they shared a confused look before following her into the next room.

She smiled. "Well, lemme look at ya." She laughed. "Oh, you boys grew up handsome. You, Holly, are beautiful." She pointed a finger to Dean. "And you were one goofy-lookin' kid, too." Dean glared at her while his siblings smirked. "Sam." She took his hand. "Oh, honey...I'm sorry about your girlfriend. And your father--he's missin'?"

Sam frowned. "How'd you know all that?"

"Well, you were just thinkin' it just now." Missouri explained as Sam raised his eyebrows.

Holly sighed impatiently. "Our dad. Where is he? Is he okay?"

"I don't know." Missouri admitted, meeting the girl's eyes.

"Don't know? Well, you're supposed to be psychic, right?" Dean retorted angrily.

"Boy, you see me sawin' some bony tramp in half? You think I'm a magician? I may be able to read thoughts and sense energies in a room, but I can't just pull facts out of thin air. Sit, please." They sat down and Missouri snapped, "Boy, you put your foot on my coffee table, I'm'a whack you with a spoon!"

Holly giggled as Dean retorted, "I didn't do anything. Shut up, Holly."

"But you were thinkin' about it."

Sam turned to Missouri. "Okay. So, our dad--when did you first meet him?"

Missouri glanced between the trio. "He came for a reading. A few days after the fire. I just told him what was really out there in the dark. I guess you could say...I drew back the curtains for him."

"What about the fire?" Dean questioned. "Do you know about what killed our mom?"

"A little. Your daddy took me to your house. He was hopin' I could send the echoes, the fingerprints of this thing."

"And could you?" Sam wondered.

Missouri shook her head. "I..."

"What was it?"

The psychic's voice dropped in volume. "I don't know. Oh, but it was evil."

After a moment, she asked, "So...you think somethin' is back in that house?"

Holly nodded. "Most definitely."

Missouri frowned. "I don't understand."

"What?" Sam asked.

"I haven't been back inside, but I've been keepin' an eye on the place, and it's been quiet. No sudden deaths, no freak accidents. Why is it actin' up now?"

"I don't know. But Dad going missing and Jessica dying and now this house all happening at once--it just feels like something's starting."

"That's a comforting thought." Dean said grimly.

They headed back to their old house and knocked on the door. It opened to reveal a disheveled Jenny. "Sam, Dean, Holly. What are you doing here?"

Sam smiled at her. "Hey, Jenny. This is our friend, Missouri."