XL. Empty Garden

[All Hell Breaks Loose: Part One]

"Hey, don't forget the extra onions this time, huh?" Dean asked.

Sam frowned. "Dude, Holly and I are the ones who are gonna have to ride in the car with your extra onions." Dean grinned and Sam stepped out of the car with a sigh.

"Hey, see if they've got any pie." Dean said, causing Sam to shut the door with a glare. "Bring me and Holly some pie! I love me some pie."

Holly nodded. "Love me some pie too. Especially apple and cherry."

Dean and Holly watched as Sam went into the café and talked to the waiter. Holly leaned forward, hearing Dean's radio become staticky. "D?"

He fiddled with the radio and turned it off. As soon as he looked up, he saw that the café was empty.

The two of them ran into the café and saw a customer sitting at a booth who was clearly dead.

"Sam?" Dean called.

He took out his gun, keeping Holly behind him. He saw that the employees throats had been slit. Dean opened the back door and looked around outside, keeping Holly close.

"Sam?!"

"Sammy!" Holly cried.

Dean noticed a white substance on the door and the two of them exchanged a look. "Sulfur."

They ran back out front and headed back to the car. Dean was still calling, "Sam! Sammy! Sam? Sammy! Sam!"

He glanced to Holly and saw the panic in her eyes. "Holly, hey. It's gonna be okay. Alright? We're gonna get Bobby's help, and we'll find him."

They met up with Bobby on the side of a road and pored over a map.

"This is it." Bobby said. "All demonic signs and omens over the past month."

Dean glared at the map. "Are you joking? There's nothing here."

"Exactly."

"Well, come on. There's gotta be something. What about the normal, low-level stuff? You know, exorcisms, that kind of thing."

"That's what I'm telling you two: there's nothing. It's completely quiet."

Holly scoffed. "How are we supposed to look for Sam?"

"What, do we just close our eyes and point?" Dean asked.

Dean's phone started ringing and he saw that it was Ash. He answered. "Ash, what do you got?"

"Okay, listen, it's a big negatory on Sam."

"Oh, come on, man! You've gotta give us something. We're looking at a three thousand-mile haystack here."

"Listen, Dean, I did find something."

"Well, what?"

"I can't talk over this line, Dean."

"Come on, I don't have time for this!"

"Make time, okay? Because this--" He stopped and then resumed. "Not only does this almost definitely help you two find your brother, this is...it's huge. So get here. Now."

Dean, still holding his phone, said, "I guess we're going to the Roadhouse. Come on."

They reached the Roadhouse and Holly gasped, seeing the building reduced to a flat pile of blackened wood.

"Oh, my God." Bobby said.

"You see Ellen?" Dean asked.

"No. No Ash, either."