CVIII. (108) Kashmir

Season Seven

[Meet the New Boss]

Bobby narrowed his eyes and got to his knees. "Well, alright, then. Is this good, or you want the whole "forehead to the carpet" thing?" He turned to Dean. "Guys?"

The siblings started kneeling and Cas called them out. "Stop. What's the point if you don't mean it? You fear me. Not love, not respect, just fear."

"Cas..." Sam began.

"Sam, you have nothing to say to me; you stabbed me in the back." He turned to the remaining four hunters. "Get up."

"Cas, come on, this isn't you." Dean said.

"The Castiel you knew is gone."

Holly narrowed her eyes. "So what, then? What are you gonna do?"

"Kill us?" Dean asked.

Cas smirked. "What brave little ants you are. You two know you're powerless, you wouldn't dare move against me again. That would be pointless. So I have no need to kill you. Not now. Besides...once you were my favorite pets before you turned and bit me."

"Who are you?"

"I'm God. And if you stay in your place, you may live in my kingdom. If you rise up, I will strike you down. Not doing so well, are you Sam?"

"I'm fine." Sam said, clearing his throat. "I'm...fine."

"You said you'd fix him!" Holly screamed. "You promised!"

Cas frowned. "If you stood down, which you hardly did. Be thankful for my mercy. I could have your brother cast back in the pit, you along with him."

Dean shook his head. "Leave her alone. Cas, come on, this is nuts! You can turn this around, please!"

"I hope for your sake this is the last you see me." Cas said.

Cas disappeared and the hunters looked at each other before Sam's nose started bleeding.

"Sam, you okay?" Dean asked.

Sam fell to the ground and cut his hand on broken glass. Holly dropped next to him, scraping her knee. "Hey, Sammy. Stay with us. We're gonna take care of you."

After heading back to Bobby's and letting Sam rest, Holly and Dean walked out to the Impala. She liked helping him, and he didn't mind her help.

The two of them crouched inside, Dean more so than Holly, and pressed their boots against the roof.

Dean grunted. "Come on." He grunted again. The two of them heard groaning metal as they tried to push the dented roof in with their feet. "Come on, Baby!"

"Ergh!" Holly groaned. She felt her stitches tear and let out a groan of pain.

Dean glanced at her. "Maybe you shouldn't be doing this."

"Oh, screw off. I'm helping whether you like it or not."

"So, you two fixin' her or primal screamin'?" Bobby asked.

Dean pulled himself from the Impala and pulled Holly out. Her knee was red where the blood stained her jeans. The siblings accepted a beer from Bobby.

"Ah, thanks." Dean said. "How's Sam?"

"He's still under. But alive. Nate's watching over him."

"Yeah? What about God part deux?"

"I got all kinds of feelers out, so far diddly."