LXIII. Have You Ever Seen the Rain (Part II)

While her brothers talked to their respective crushes, Holly walked up the stairs and decided to get some sleep, as it'd been awhile since she slept well and she was exhausted.

Sam walked up to Dean and Anna. "Hey."

Dean turned to his brother. "Did you find something?"

"I think so."

They made their way into Bobby's library where Holly was sleeping. Sam went to wake her and Dean shook his head. "Let her sleep. We'll tell her later."

Sam nodded and said, "Union, Kentucky. Found some accounts of a local miracle."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. In '85, there was an empty field outside of town. Six months later, there was a full-grown oak. They say it looks a century old at least."

Dean turned to the newly discovered angel. "Anna, what do you think?"

"The grace. Where it hit, it could have done something like that, easy."

"So grace around ground zero--it's not destruction. It's..."

"Pure creation."

Dean picked up Holly in his arms and laid her down in the backseat. Ruby looked uncomfortable as Holly's head rested on her lap. Dean looked at her. "Don't wake her up."

Eventually Holly woke up and sat up, resting her head against the window, giggling when Dean laughed.

Ruby looked between them. "What?"

Dean shook his head. "Nothing. It's just an angel, a hunter, and a demon riding in the backseat. It's like the setup to a bad joke...or a Penthouse Forum letter."

Sam frowned. "Dude...Reality...Porn."

"You call this reality?"

They reached the oak field by day and looked upon the tree. "It's beautiful." Dean said.

"It's where the grace touched down." Anna replied. "I can feel it."

"You ready to do this?"

"Not really."

Sam turned to her. "Anna, what are we even looking for?"

She placed a hand on the tree trunk and shook her head. "It doesn't matter. It's not here. Not anymore. Someone took it."

Back at the barn, Holly ran a hand through her hair as she said, "Okay, uh, we still got the hex bags. I think we should head back to the panic room."

Ruby frowned. "What, forever?"

Dean shrugged. "Sounds good to me. I say we do it."

Holly turned to Ruby. "I'm thinking aloud. Work with me, here!"

Ruby glared at them. "Oh, you two call that thinking?"

"Hey!" Sam cried. "Hey, hey, hey. Stop it."

"Anna's grace is gone. You understand? She can't angel up. She can't protect us. We can't fight Heaven and Hell. One side maybe, but not both. Not at once."

"Um...guys?" Anna spoke up. "The angels are talking again."

"What are they saying?" Sam asked.

"It's weird...Like a recording...a loop. It says, "Dean and Holly Winchester give us Anna by midnight, or...""

"Or what?"

Holly pursed her lips, hearing the voices. ""...or we hurl him back to eternal damnation and send her with him." I don't wanna be sent to eternal damnation!"