XLIV. Hells Bells (Part II)

They made their way to Isaac and Tamara's place and put the redheaded man under a devil's trap. He was tied to a chair.

In the next room, an argument was going down. "...and I say we're going back--now!" Tamara demanded.

"Hold on a second." Sam attempted to reason.

"I left my husband bloody on the floor!"

"Okay, I understand that, but we can't go back."

Tamara pursed her lips. "Fine. Then you stay. But I'm heading back to that bar."

"I'll go with her." Dean said.

Sam glared at him. "It's suicide, Dean!"

"So what? I'm dead already!"

"How you gonna kill 'em? Can't shoot 'em. You can't stab 'em. They're not just gonna wait in line to get exorcised."

"I don't care!" Tamara retorted.

Holly shrugged. "Then we force 'em to get exorcised."

Sam frowned at her. "I'm not having you die too! We don't even know how many of them there are!"

Bobby entered the room and said, "Yeah, we do. Do you have any idea who we're up against?"

Dean shook his head. "No. Who?"

"The seven deadly sins, live and in the flesh!"

Dean paused before grinning. ""What's in the box?!"" No one answered, but Holly did roll her eyes, understanding what he was getting at. "Brad Pitt? Se7en? No?" Bobby tossed him a book. "What's this?"

""Binsfeld's classification of demons." In 1589, Binsfeld ID'd the seven sins--not just as human vices, but as actual devils."

Holly frowned. "The family--touched by Sloth. And the shopper..."

Bobby nodded. "That's Envy's doing--the customer we got in the next room. I couldn't see it at first, until Isaac. He was touched with an awful Gluttony."

"I don't give a rat's ass if they're the Three Stooges or the Four Tops!" Tamara yelled. "I'm gonna slaughter every last one of them!"

Bobby turned to her. "We already did it your way. You burst in there half-cocked and look what happened. These demons haven't been topside in half a millenium! We're talking medieval, dark ages! We've never faced anything close to this! So were are gonna take a breath..." His voice raised. "And figure out what our next move is!" He said quietly, "I am sorry for your loss."

In the demon-holding room, Envy chuckled. "So you know who I am, huh?"

Bobby nodded. "We do. We're not impressed."

Sam frowned. "Why are you here? What are you after?"

Envy didn't answer and Dean said, "He asked you a question. What do you want?"

Envy let out a condescending chuckle. Dean opened a flask of holy water and splashed him. "Ya! Ohh! We already have what we want?"

"And what would that be?" Holly asked.

"We're out. We're free. Thanks to you, my kind are everywhere. I am legion, for we are many. So me, I'm just celebrating. Having a little fun."

"Fun?" Sam scoffed.

"Yeah. Fun. See, some people crochet. Others golf. Me? I like to see people's insides...on their outside."

"I'm gonna put you down like a dog." Tamara threatened.

"Please." Envy said with a laugh. "You really think you're better than me?" He laughed again. "Which one of you can cast the first stone, huh? You're practically a walking billboard of gluttony and lust. And Tamara. All that wrath. Ooh. Task, tsk, tsk. It's the reason you and Isaac became hunters in the first place, isn't it? It's so much easier to drink in the rage than to face what really happened all those years ago."