Part Fifty-Four

For some reason the first part of this story didn't post... So if it doesn't start with "Rumor..." your voice is weak as you begin to feel faint. Let me know! 

________________________

"Rumor..." your voice is weak as you begin to feel faint. He presses himself harder against you, and then quickly pulls away, panting hard as you slowly fall back.

He quickly catches you, supporting your body in his arms. He presses his back against the wall as he brushes your hair out of your face. You stare dumbfounded towards him, your eyes questioning his actions.

"Sorry there babe, I couldn't help myself." He chuckles exhaustedly, almost forced, as you blink, feeling a chilling numbness, "I think I've lost too much blood today." You whisper quietly as Rumor eyes change back to the crystal blue you recognise.

You feel him moving, but you can't seem to focus, the world seems to be darkening around you. You begin to feel weightless, your head lolling as you try to sit up.

You feel something on your lips, but you're too numb to figure out what it is. You feel it slip into your mouth; and a familiar taste fills your senses as you become more aware of your surroundings. You blink a couple of times before you sit up.

"Rumor?" you question as he shrugs slightly, "Just some blood to help you recover. Think of it as a thank you for saving me." You pause, looking around the dark room.

"I haven't saved you yet." You mumble. "You've helped me more then you know." His voice was sincere, something very unusual for Rumor.

"Do share?" he pulls you into him, locking you in a tight embrace.

"I would have become a Nybras if it wasn't for your blood." You catch yourself questioning with your facial expressions,

"What? You can be turned into one of the Nybras?" Rumor releases you from his tight squeeze, "Yes, there are some restrictions but if a vampire doesn't feed in a certain amount of time, they risk the chance of turning into a Nybras. It's quite a troublesome way to go, so I very much appreciate the blood, though I do apologise for my barbaric manner!"

You nod your head, aware that Rumor can see in the dark.

"How do I get you out of here?" you question as you search the ground for the candle you dropped.

"I'm not sure. These are pretty tough chains, I've been trying to break them for weeks." You are not able to find the candle you dropped and sigh out of frustration.

"Why can't you break them?" you ask.

"They hold special bindings that keep my kind restraint. I will not be able to break free. You'll have to find the keys to get me out of here." You feel the tears welling up in your eyes, "How am I supposed to get the keys?"