Part Thirty

Emi's POV

You arrive at the house before Alex and River, which is weird since they left well before you. 

You think nothing of it as you get out of the car. Hasten was driving while Avent was in the passenger, leaving Rumor and Sven in the back to keep you company. 

You walk into the house and head to the kitchen, still feeling faint, you decide to get something to eat. 

As you make your way in, you realize you haven't eaten all day. 'Not good for my metabolism'

You search the cupboards and decide to make breakfast since you missed it today. You place the frying pan on the burner and grab some bread and eggs.

Rumor and Sven walk into the kitchen taking seats in the breakfast nook. 

Rumor glances at you curiously when you sit down beside Sven with your food.

"I always forget that humans need to eat." You give Rumor a questioning glance "I find it hard to take care of pets, they always die or run away." You shiver, feeling bad for his human captives.

"I suggest something like a plant to start off with then." Rumor smiles, amused.

Hasten and Avent enter the kitchen, Avent takes a seat next to Rumor as Hasten leans against the counter. 

"I've decided to leave the country." You choke on a piece of toast. "WHAT?" Everyone seems to be handling this news better than you are. "Don't be dramatic," Hasten scorns as you stare wide eyed.

"But we can't leave! This is my home!" Hasten doesn't acknowledge you "We will be moving to Avents second home. Avent and I welcome any who wish to come." Hasten looks as if he was forcing the last part, clearly not wanting a large entourage. 

"What do you think Sven?" Sven just shrugs, indifferent "That settles it! We're coming!" Hasten pops a vein in his head and clenches his teeth together.

"Perfect."

You slowly sit back down, realizing once again it is pointless to argue, you have as much say as a child. You slowly start eating and finish while they talk amongst themselves. 

Moving to Avents house, you wonder where that could be. You notice Rumor and Sven turn their heads sharp. You notice Hasten's also looking in the same direction that everyone else seems to be. 

You hear the front door slam open and a shrill scream that makes your blood run cold.

You quickly go to stand but Sven's grabs a hold of your arm, keeping you seated.

"Stay down." He warns as the screaming continues, she sounds terrible.