Part Forty-Six

You stare silently at Eire as he keeps the emotionless expression he always has. "Eire..." you find that you do not know what to say.

You find yourself connecting dots in your head. All those times something weird stuff had happened in your house.

How you would leave things on purpose and find it in your bag later in the day. It was Eire, he's been around longer than you thought.

"That explains a lot." You make light of the situation as he gives a small smile that disappears quickly.

"I just wanted to help you." You watch Eire, a smile creeping across your face. "Thank you Eire, I really appreciate all that you have done for me."

A knock on the door pulls your attention away from Eire. You turn back and watch Eire disappear with a wave as the door burst open and Hasten walks in.

"Hey" You attempt to wave, forgetting the broken wrist/arm you have acquired from the fall. You hiss in pain as Hasten slowly enters the bathroom.

"I can't leave for five minute without something going wrong." He sounds displeased as you sit in the tub, unable to lift yourself out.

"I'm not even going to say it." You mutter as he rolls his eyes. He grabs a towel from the rack and brings it over to the tub. Effortlessly he lifts you up, covering your body and carries you out of the bathroom.

You are taken back to your room and set down on the bed, still covered by the towel. Hasten tells you to dry yourself off as you follow suit.

"What happened?" you find yourself mumbling over your words as Hasten becomes dissatisfied with your stammering.

"Spit it out." You quickly re-word it in your head "I fell down the stairs. River found me and was going to fix me up." You are not necessarily lying, but it's not the full truth.

Hasten fixes his gaze closer, you almost think he does not believe you, "Like hell, he was most likely trying to get you naked." You breathe a mental sigh of relief as Hasten shakes his head.

"One more thing," You glance up as he continues to stare you down, "Why did you go in the basement?"

"Uh..." Your mind draws a blank as Hasten glowers, "One simple rule Em, one rule and you manage to break. It hasn't even been a month."

You mimic his expression as he looks even more unimpressed, "Okay, you see, it wasn't my intention to go down stairs..." he motions for you to continue, "I was walking around the area when I came across Amena..." your voice dies as Hasten face darkens at the mention of her name, "Continue." His voice was like ice, chilling your insides as you contemplate continuing.

"She-She was kind enough to open the basement door..." Hasten lets out a hiss as he leans up, "Avent." Hasten says calmly as Avent shows up at the door before even finishing his name. Hasten glances back, nods once, and disappears without a word.