Part Twenty-Seven

BACK TO EMI!

"This has to be one of the best discoveries ever!" The doctor looks you over; excited as he rambles on shining a light in your eyes, tilting your head side to side grinning wider as the colour changed. 

"This will be a new breakthrough! I'll be famous!" The noise upstairs seems to be growing as the doctor leaves the room to his computer and starts typing. 

You look across from your cell and notice a man with the reddest hair you have ever seen, as if it's almost changing like a blazing fire and even stranger orange eyes that, instead of a round pupil, are slit like a reptile. He's leaning against the wall, staring at you. 

You quickly look at Eire. "Is he staring at me?" Eire turns his attention to the unusual man and nods his head. "Btdubs, nice work." You compliment him on keeping you free. 

You glance over at the frightening contraption that was meant to hold you, 

"What a terrible place. I can't believe this is below Ryan's house. All those times I spent the night here, not knowing the dangers in the basement."

Eire smiles softly "I'm so sorry, I should have watched you better, you wouldn't be here if I kept you safe.  I just couldn't risk coming to see you, with his control over you..."

You scoff, sick of hearing about who is at fault. Sh*t happens, move on.

An alarm sounds, causing you to jump in surprise, as Eire looks worried.

The doctor rushes back into your cell "We're gonna have to lock you up for the moment, please stay in here?" you agree to being locked in, if you choose to leave you could always use Eire. 

You watch the doctor seal the exit, as whatever was happening upstairs seems to be making its way down here. 

You press your face against the glass as a couple of people tumble down the stairs, you don't recognize them. 

Once those who have fallen down the staircase get up you realize they're Nybras. 

Their bright red eyes glared at the Dr. as he prepared himself for the battle. You and Eire have now pressed your bodies further to the glass, contorting your face as you try to see what's happening. 

The man in the cell across from yours probably finds amusement over you disfigured face. 

The Dr. has managed to fight off most but they keep doubling in numbers,soon he's overtaken, but not before staking a vampire and hitting his computer in the process, causing all the cells in the basement to unlock.

Before Eire could react the doors burst open and a mass of Nybras swarm in taking over the cell. 

You run as far as you could back. Hasten has told you many things about this clan. The vampire's claw at your skin, grasping your ankle, and pulling you towards them.