Part Forty-Five

You let the water soak into your body, feeling your pulse beating from the injuries you sustained from being pushed down the stairs.

"Eire, do you ever feel like people keep secrets from you?" he seems more relaxed now that the shower curtain is drawn shut, hiding your nudity.

"Not since I was alive."

You give him a thoughtful glance, knowing he could not see it.

"When was that again?" he remains silent as you wonder if you should be asking these questions.

"A while ago," he uses no emotion in his tone, which has you concerned.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't be so nosey." He remained quiet; you had assumed he left, "No I don't mind. I guess it is only right to be curious. I died about 5 years ago. I guess I was just done with living. The doctors all said I was depressed but in reality, I refused to live in this terrible world."

You feel a dull sense of grief; no one should have to feel that way.

"Eire, do you regret your decision?" You sink lower into the tub, "No, if I didn't do it, I would never have met you."

You laugh lightly, and then think about how you came to know Eire; the first time he called you, "Eire, why did you help me?"

You poke your head out from behind the shower curtain, resting your arms on the tub. "Why did I help you?" He questions, keeping his gaze forward, "I found you one day, in the park, I believe it was three years ago, maybe four..."

**Flashback sequence**

"I can't believe how fast the sun went down!"

You watch from the branch you are sitting on as a girl with black hair tied in a high ponytail with reddish brown eyes exclaims.

She looks to be about 15, give, or take, somewhat cute, high cheekbones and is in a blue soccer uniform.

You watch somewhat disinterested, just another teenager in the park, nothing of importance here.

"Emi, you should probably wait, mom said she pick us up soon."

A boy matching in appearance walks up beside her, the only difference being his eyes, a dark blue.

"I hate that she's always late." She pouts, acting like a spoiled brat.

"Shut up, she works hard you know." The boy says as Emi frowns, "I know Alex! I just hate being out here in the dark."

She looks around uneasy, as Alex rolls his eyes. "Relax! There is nothing out here!"

You find that comical, since you have been dead, you have noticed a lot more paranormal activity then before. The world truly is a terrible place.